HELP! Age????

henrietta101

Songster
8 Years
Oct 8, 2011
I've just bought a 10 week old australorp from one breeder, then a RIR x New Hampshire and Isa Brown from another (10 weeks old). I was SHOCKED when I got them home and saw the differences. My Australorp is cute and little, still missing some feathers and chirps. My others are much bigger, have big claws and make bokking noises. I know they are not full grown or anything but there are very different. I am worried I got sold older x pullets but the breeder insists no. He says that the Australorp may be younger than 10 weeks.
1. Does it sound like my concerns are right or the breeder of teh x pullets is right?
2. What does a 10 week old of each look and sound like?

I specifically bought them at the same age to minimise problems and to get them used to us young. My husband says not to worry about it that they are all going to end up the same anyway. My kids want them all to be little of course. The breeder said that if I am unhappy I can take the x pullets back but insists that they are 10 weekers.

What we need is some pics to get a better idea of age of the girls. If you can do that it will garner more responses. It s hard to estimate how old they are with just a description.

Oh yeah
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom