Help! Air cell’s too small but duckling’s still Alive trying to pip!

Pics
Alright I’ll do that! It looks like it absorbed the yolkView attachment 3034621
There’s green and a bit of off yellow in there.

The tummy looks fine, no blood or anything
Dont worry about the green, as long as his tummy is all closed up, should be fine! Do send a photo once he's all fluffed up!! Congrats on another baby duckling :D

Dont worry about the green, as long as his tummy is all closed up, should be fine! Do send a photo once he's all fluffed up!! Congrats on another baby duckling :D
What does an unclosed stomach look like? I saw a small hole and I thought it was where it poops from. And thank you! I’m m finally a proud mum of two, and hopefully everything goes well and I can relax! And I will send a picture of the both of them ❤️!

4B4543F9-064A-4E8C-8E76-E8AB47AFBFE9.jpeg

What does an unclosed stomach look like? I saw a small hole and I thought it was where it poops from. And thank you! I’m m finally a proud mum of two, and hopefully everything goes well and I can relax! And I will send a picture of the both of them ❤️!
Yes, that is the navel slightly open I think, I'd say he's only just absorbed the yolk and it hasn't closed completely. Keep him on a dry soft surface, like paper towels, or perhaps even a puppy pad, it should close up soon, hopefully @WVduckchick can make some suggestions if I'm missing anything. But for now keep him on something soft, in the incubator

Yes, that is the navel slightly open I think, I'd say he's only just absorbed the yolk and it hasn't closed completely. Keep him on a dry soft surface, like paper towels, or perhaps even a puppy pad, it should close up soon, hopefully @WVduckchick can make some suggestions if I'm missing anything. But for now keep him on something soft, in the incubator
Alright ill do that!

Or place a soft washcloth in a bowl and place the duckling in it in the bator just so it doesn't injure that place until it closes all the way. The bottom of your incubator looks like something it could hurt itself on while that is open. It should close pretty fast. Just don't touch it and introduce bacteria to it.

Or place a soft washcloth in a bowl and place the duckling in it in the bator just so it doesn't injure that place until it closes all the way. The bottom of your incubator looks like something it could hurt itself on while that is open. It should close pretty fast. Just don't touch it and introduce bacteria to it.
I’ve placed a pee pad in there - is that fine?

Anything that is soft so it can't catch the belly on something. How's the little one doing? How many left to hatch?
I worry about the attractant that is in the pee pads causing trouble since there isn't any real ventilation and the heat. I don't know what they use as an attractant. And these birds have such a sensitive respiratory system.

Anything that is soft so it can't catch the belly on something. How's the little one doing? How many left to hatch?
I worry about the attractant that is in the pee pads causing trouble since there isn't any real ventilation and the heat. I don't know what they use as an attractant. And these birds have such a sensitive respiratory system.
There aren’t any more to hatch - the duckling is doing ok, resting and still drying up - the hole doesn’t appear to have closed up yet though worryingly.

With the other duckling it keeps sneezing and water comes out of its nose - what should i do about that?

Back
Top Bottom