Help! Air cell’s too small but duckling’s still Alive trying to pip!

Pics
it's so precious. Hopefully tomorrow it will be up and moving around some maybe even hungry.
Is it normal for a duckling to have water come out of its nose? The duckling hasn’t eaten and only drank earlier on in the day when I showed it where the water was but hasn’t since, and it keeps making this sound and there’ll be a droplet of water around its nose?

Is it normal for a duckling to have water come out of its nose? The duckling hasn’t eaten and only drank earlier on in the day when I showed it where the water was but hasn’t since, and it keeps making this sound and there’ll be a droplet of water around its nose?
is the sound sneezing? Are you sure he isn't drinking any?

is the sound sneezing? Are you sure he isn't drinking any?
I’m not too sure, in the morning I took him out and water flew from his nose, so maybe it is? I think he sneezes - and im pretty sure he hasn’t, he spends his time under the heater, I can’t say for when I was sleeping but from the moment he hatched till early morning he didn’t really drink or eat. He has yet to eat properly under my watch, I’ve shown him both the food and water dishes a few times but he hasn’t eaten or drank of his own accord (when he comes out of the heater the few times that he does, I’ll wait for a bit to see what he does and then put him near the food and push his head at the food and then the water, and then I take him out if he doesn’t eat or drink after that)

Last edited:
@WVduckchick
By the way, with the Harris Manna pro farms nurture incubator, you mentioned it needed to be calibrated outside the incubator, what did you mean by that? I’m considering buying that incubator going forward but how should I make sure everything goes right if I incubate again in the future?

Harris Manna Pro Farms Nurture Right Incubator | Egg Incubator for Hatching Chicks | 360 Degree View https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0793HHZ1L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1YHVP4A2YR7Y6X8T90GF
Just put a trusted, external thermometer and hygrometer inside the incubator to compare to the readout on the unit itself before you use it the first time. I set my incubator at 100.0F instead of 99.5F default/recommended temp because my incubator seems to run slightly low. I bump up the set temp to adjust for it.

Back
Top Bottom