HELP ALL OF MY DUCKS HAVE BUMBLE FOOT!!!

Emmytheduckgirl

Songster
Aug 1, 2019
Hey BYC. I have a really urgent need! I have three pekin ducks all 2 year olds, one of them is in my garage getting surgery tomorrow at the vet for his severe case of bumble foot. The other two I just saw also have it bad. I can’t afford taking them all in for a 300 dollar surgery each. What do I do? I’m really worried about them.

Hey BYC. I have a really urgent need! I have three pekin ducks all 2 year olds, one of them is in my garage getting surgery tomorrow at the vet for his severe case of bumble foot. The other two I just saw also have it bad. I can’t afford taking them all in for a 300 dollar surgery each. What do I do? I’m really worried about them.
If you have help, could you do the surgery yourself? There are a lot of videos out there showing how to fix bumblefoot at home. I don’t know how bad your ducks are but lots of people have done it at home and had success. YouTube has lots of videos. Talk to your vet as well.

If you have help, could you do the surgery yourself? There are a lot of videos out there showing how to fix bumblefoot at home. I don’t know how bad your ducks are but lots of people have done it at home and had success. YouTube has lots of videos. Talk to your vet as well.
Thanks for the advice!! I did try doing it with lots of help but unfortunately we could get deep enough to get the corn out because we felt bad we could tell it hurt! So we took pirate( my duck) to the vet and they told us that they didn’t know what it was!!! It was obviously bumblefoot but she said it could be a “chemical burn” or “electrocution” which makes no sense because he lives near no electricity and no chemicals!!! Just a normal duck coop with two plastic ponds!! I was very upset that they couldn’t see that it was definitely bumblefoot! I even looked up several videos snd pics of it and he had a sever case! They eventually said they would do surgery and see what’s going on so he got the surgery for both feet and is doing good. They said they think it was a “callus” but I know my pirate he couldn’t even walk it was bad bumble goot.

The other two ducks ,cabbage and potatoe, will be getting surgery from me along with lots of care and epsom salt baths! Thank you so much for the help I hope I can do it!

Thanks for the advice!! I did try doing it with lots of help but unfortunately we could get deep enough to get the corn out because we felt bad we could tell it hurt! So we took pirate( my duck) to the vet and they told us that they didn’t know what it was!!! It was obviously bumblefoot but she said it could be a “chemical burn” or “electrocution” which makes no sense because he lives near no electricity and no chemicals!!! Just a normal duck coop with two plastic ponds!! I was very upset that they couldn’t see that it was definitely bumblefoot! I even looked up several videos snd pics of it and he had a sever case! They eventually said they would do surgery and see what’s going on so he got the surgery for both feet and is doing good. They said they think it was a “callus” but I know my pirate he couldn’t even walk it was bad bumble goot.
🥺🤨🤦🏼‍♀️

Did you go to an strictly avain vet? Least he’s doing good. I’ve learned to go to an a vet that specializes only in birds.

🥺🤨🤦🏼‍♀️

Did you go to an strictly avain vet? Least he’s doing good. I’ve learned to go to an a vet that specializes only in birds.
Yep! I went to a vet who specializes in ducks chickens and other birds. She even went to Scotland for her schooling so I trusted her with my pirate but I was very upset with how it turned out! At least he’s home safe and doing great but she also charged way too much for everything. And she even had to look through textbooks to figure out what was wrong ! I’m never going back there

Yep! I went to a vet who specializes in ducks chickens and other birds. She even went to Scotland for her schooling so I trusted her with my pirate but I was very upset with how it turned out! At least he’s home safe and doing great but she also charged way too much for everything. And she even had to look through textbooks to figure out what was wrong ! I’m never going back there
Big Yicks. Least he is okay. That’s the important part! Sending you a DM.

Back
Top Bottom