Pics
Please realize, for this chick to survive, you will likely have to continue the assistance. Keep the membrane moist (a light coat of Vaseline or coconut oil will last a while)
But since it has no air cell to bust into for its first breath, when you see the liquid receding, and the veining in the membrane diminishing, you will likely have to split the membrane. Timing will be crucial!

Keeping my fingers crossed for this little one. :fl

Put a wet paper towel next to that one, as when taken out of the incubator, the sac dries out, then gets too tough for them to make it through it. and if you see it shrink wrapping around him - get him some air and if he doesn't come out within a reasonable amount of time after that , then you will have to peel the shell off of him. but try to let him come out by himself - it makes them stronger.

On my cluck!! I am about to cry! (For joy) I decided to try something I heard of and that's when I felt peace! She chirped!! I tweeted at the egg, then held it up to my ear hearing very faint chirps! :ya
Yay! Every time I check back, my lurches hoping for a picture of a freshly hatched chick! Hopefully soon!

Please realize, for this chick to survive, you will likely have to continue the assistance. Keep the membrane moist (a light coat of Vaseline or coconut oil will last a while)
But since it has no air cell to bust into for its first breath, when you see the liquid receding, and the veining in the membrane diminishing, you will likely have to split the membrane. Timing will be crucial!

Keeping my fingers crossed for this little one. :fl
I have 6 eggs in a incubator and its hatching day but nothing has happened

Back
Top Bottom