HELP! Ayam Cemani Hen is acting a little sad, wing hangs down

BahiyyihAyam

Chirping
Jul 12, 2022
Help!
I have a ayam cemani hen that seems to be a little bit sad. I have lost my two other ayams about a month ago, but this girl doesn’t have the symptoms the others had. She is a little “weird” I like to call it. Ever since she was a little chick, she would turn in circles and run around back and forth and she was always friendly to her flock mates. I have also noticed a couple months ago, her eyes are “droopy”, but it never affected her. But now, like 2 days ago I noticed that one of her wings hangs down. At first I thought it was because it was hot, but only she does that. I gently touched it but I am not sure if it is causing her pain. I also noticed that her eyes are more droopy than before, and she closes them often. I am paranoid because I already lost of my beloved chickens and I don’t want to lose another one.

My ayam girl does seem to eat, drink and walk around her enclosure. I also have her meal worms and she devoured them.

Any ideas to why she is like this? She is just not really acting herself. She always like to run from one side to the other chasing her flock mates and cats, but now she isn’t.
8E1AB371-50FC-4996-9548-D4359A0AACF6.jpeg

Attachments

• 250237E8-E1B2-4479-BC0F-B0173460C032.jpeg
    250237E8-E1B2-4479-BC0F-B0173460C032.jpeg
    670.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 427710CF-9148-458F-83FC-29A056D75F26.jpeg
    427710CF-9148-458F-83FC-29A056D75F26.jpeg
    687.7 KB · Views: 3
It could be an infection somewhere, is it hot there? How old is she and has she always eaten layer?
It is not that hot.. around 90 degrees or less. I believe she is around 4 months old and yes she has always eaten later. We went to our local feed store and the lady there told us that around 3 months they were ready.My ayam girl just doesn’t seem herself as much and I don’t understand why her wing hangs.

It is not that hot.. around 90 degrees or less. I believe she is around 4 months old and yes she has always eaten later. We went to our local feed store and the lady there told us that around 3 months they were ready.My ayam girl just doesn’t seem herself as much and I don’t understand why her wing hangs.
Birds shouldn't really eat layer until they are just about laying, they need chick feed until about 17 weeks. layer doesn't have enough protein and nutrition for birds to grow properly and too much calcium, thst causes kidney issues.
@Wyorp Rock
I hate to bug you but I'm not experienced with illness and this seems urgent.

Birds shouldn't really eat layer until they are just about laying, they need chick feed until about 17 weeks. layer doesn't have enough protein and nutrition for birds to grow properly and too much calcium, thst causes kidney issues.
@Wyorp Rock
I hate to bug you but I'm not experienced with illness and this seems urgent.
I went to go check on the girl again and she was more active and herself again. I will definitely switch food though. Do you believe that the food has something to do with her wing? As for her eyes, I am not sure because her eyes have been like that for a couple months.

Back
Top Bottom