Help!! Baby chicks had no access to water!!’

Dalylah

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
Hi so my 2 two month old chicks are in a set up in a room in my house till they can go outside. They no longer need the heat lamp so it was off but somehow they escaped the set up I had for them and had no access to food or water all night and day! They have a huge water trough and food trough so I didn’t check on them this morning as I knew they had water and food/ the last time I checked on them was late last night. So this afternoon I go in there and they are walking around the room with access to WHO KNOWS WHAT! And when I put them back in the chugged down a ton of water and aren’t lethargic but one is breathing wierd sometimes. Will they be okay!!!???

MarkJr

Change in America begins at the dinner table
Premium Feather Member
Jun 15, 2020
Elkton, OR
PS 8 weeks is a great time to put them in their big girl house if it’s ready.

Dalylah

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
PS 8 weeks is a great time to put them in their big girl house if it’s ready.
Thank you! I have 5 other hens outside in a wooden coop that have red mites at the moment so i should wait to put the babies out there till I get a new coop right?

MarkJr

Premium Feather Member
Jun 15, 2020
Elkton, OR
Fix the red mites first for sure. Permethrin is your friend

Dalylah

Chirping
Jul 27, 2020
Fix the red mites first for sure. Permethrin is your friend
I have that in powder form. I am just scared to use it because it says that if you put it on your chickens wrong it can burn their skin. I am putting it in their coop right now am I allowed to eat the eggs if they touch the Permethrin?

MarkJr

Premium Feather Member
Jun 15, 2020
Elkton, OR
Permethrin does not have a withdrawal period.

Top Bottom