Help Baby goose is not eating/ drinking and is shaking.

DreamViewFarm

In the Brooder
Oct 6, 2021
Please help,, We recently hatched an African goose. The others have grown and are doing fine but there is one that is staying the same size as it was when it was first born ( about 1 week ago) it is not eating and drinking and is shaking a lot when it gets cold, even after it warms up it is still shaking. I don't know what to do maybe I am overreacting maybe not

Please help,, We recently hatched an African goose. The others have grown and are doing fine but there is one that is staying the same size as it was when it was first born ( about 1 week ago) it is not eating and drinking and is shaking a lot when it gets cold, even after it warms up it is still shaking. I don't know what to do maybe I am overreacting maybe not
What feed are they eating?

Have you checked baby for pasty butt ?
It’s the first thing I look for after one of my customers who bought eggs from me almost lost a duckling.
I went and picked it up and realized the issue was it was blocked and couldn’t poo
Got it fixed and baby was as good as new in seconds after it was able to poo ( all over my hands lol )
If that’s not the issue have you tried vitamins ?

Have you checked baby for pasty butt ?
It’s the first thing I look for after one of my customers who bought eggs from me almost lost a duckling.
I went and picked it up and realized the issue was it was blocked and couldn’t poo
Got it fixed and baby was as good as new in seconds after it was able to poo ( all over my hands lol )
If that’s not the issue have you tried vitamins ?
Thank you very much i am pretty sure that was the issue the goose is doing much better after a bum cleaning there was a large amount of dried poo... Thank you

Back
Top Bottom