Help bad butts!

It's hard the first time around.
I can't really see what's going on there.
As long as vent is clear, not much to do.
Can you differentiate between the vent and the umbilicus?
Maybe this will help?
upload_2019-9-20_10-44-24.png

View attachment 1911713 View attachment 1911712 View attachment 1911708 2 of our chicks have nasty looking vents. The golden comet is still running around normal but stands funny. Hard to explain. The speckled black and white chick has good fight but is dazed and confused most of the time. She seems to eat and drink. Poops are running but not too abnormal. They are on medicated feed. They are with 7 other chicks. Help!
Question?? Why are they on medicated feed?? Also yes bathe and clean butts with cotton q tip very lightly as to not do any harm just remove the debris build up and definitely blow dry. Are they getting any chick grits??? I noticed when mine first started eating that only one side gets protrusion from food. Not both. At first thought it was a growth or something. I am not a doc but medication allergies maybe. ????

Question?? Why are they on medicated feed?? Also yes bathe and clean butts with cotton q tip very lightly as to not do any harm just remove the debris build up and definitely blow dry. Are they getting any chick grits??? I noticed when mine first started eating that only one side gets protrusion from food. Not both. At first thought it was a growth or something. I am not a doc but medication allergies maybe. ????
I stopped the medicated food hoping that would help. They are outside in the run every day do they still need grit

Interesting they are using an antibiotic as the 'medication'.
Usually it's an coccidistat again coccidiosis.
Have no idea about the date code,
can you call the store and ask them to translate?
Is it a crumble?
And I’m glad you noticed the medicated. I asked for non medicated! It’s hard to read the label on the bottom of a 50lb bag after you open it. Lol

Back
Top Bottom