Help! Bantam with lump on face!

It could have a different cause, I'm still not totally sure what caused the disease in my bird, whether it be an infection, or a reaction to venom from an insect or spider. My bird didn't have a tumor, as the swelling appeared practically overnight.

It could have a different cause, I'm still not totally sure what caused the disease in my bird, whether it be an infection, or a reaction to venom from an insect or spider. My bird didn't have a tumor, as the swelling appeared practically overnight.
Okay, so maybe not yours.
But we don't know how long this one has been growing.

Being hard, it could be a tumor, but I would try to remove the scab and squeeze a bit, just to see if you get pus out or blood. Hydrogen peroxide in this case could be applied to the scab to soften it. The bubbles could be related or not, but also could be a sign of sinus infection or conjunctivitis, which can be from MG. It would not hurt to clean the eye and apply a dab of Terramycin ointment twice a day.

So hydrogen peroxide will ease up the scab so I can remove it?, because it was not coming off when I tried earlier. Also her breathing was not heavy from stress, because when I was watching her From a distance she stil, was having heavy breaths

Peroxide can soften scabs if applied for a bit. I don’t recommend using peroxide for wound care though, since it has been shown in recent years to damage tissue and prevent healing. But it can be useful to flush out a freshly opened abscess, or to soften scabs or plugged nostrils in a chicken. There is no need for anesthesia, but a calm approach and having someone to hold her and cover the eyes with a small towel. Chickens do not respond well to anesthesia.

Back
Top Bottom