Help, Boils!!!

MonkeyZero

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Modesto Ca
Hi

Well, we dont have insurance, yet as we are searching for it. My Mom, a very sweet woman, somehow got a boil. SHe IS IN PAIN!!! HELP WHAT CAN I DO? IT HAS COME TO HEAD. ITS ON HER BUTTOCK. sO HELP! PLEASE...

Please be very careful. It could be the MRSA virus. Our stepgranddaughter and her father are fighting it right now and that's where it started. High fevers, more boils, several rounds of antibodies..

Use gloves when cleaning the area--do not press or sqeeze it --you will force the infection back into your system. Keep it covered.

Quote:
Hmm- good advice!

Try having her take a hot bath - that might let it burst by itself and also ease the pain. I'd go to the ER if she has a fever and you suspect MRSA like Dixiedoodle mentions.

Check your drug store they may carry a cream called boil ease or drawing salve. I remember it when I use to do resets and new store set ups. Hope she gets to feeling better soon. I know it's hard with no insurance. My parents don't have any and my mom's meds run a $1000 a month.

Last edited:
Below are some natural cures you can try:

Turmeric -- Turmeric taken internally can help dissolve and heal in as little as three days. It has anti-inflammatory and blood purifying effects on the body. Just take one teaspoon of turmeric powder in warm water three times a day or buy turmeric in capsule form and take about 450 mg each day. You can also make a paste out of the turmeric powder and place it directly on the skin and cover it with gauze. Be careful as turmeric can stain your skin and your clothes. The stain on your skin will go away in about two weeks.

Tea Tree Oil -- Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic that is able to help in the healing all kinds of skin problems. All you have to do is apply one drop of tea tree oil directly on the boil everyday after bathing until it's gone.

Castor Oil -- Put some Castor oil on a cotton ball and place it on the skin. You will need to secure it with gauze or a Band-Aid. Castor oil will draw the poison right out of the boil and can heal it in as little as two days.

Iodine -- If you put iodine on the boil, it will soak into the skin and help kill the bacteria infecting it. You can buy povidine-iodine at your local pharmacy store and it does not stain. I've actually spilled some on my clothes and later could not see where the stain was.

Epson Salts -- Some people find it helpful to take an Epson salts bath. The instructions for how much to use is on the package. Epson salts is known to draw toxins out of the skin.

Baking Soda -- Make a past out of baking soda and place it on the boil covering it with gauze or a Band-Aid. Baking soda will help draw out the infection

my daughter has a "boil" right now, it is also on her bottom. Her Dr. called it cellulitis ( I spelled it like it sounds) or an infection of the fleshy tissue. He said it is likely to be staph. She is to take 2 to 3 baths a day,twenty mintues long, in as hot of water as she can stand, wash it with dial soap, and keep it covered so that when it drains the drainage will not spread the infection as it is contageous. She is also on antibiotics for ten days, but maybe the dial and the hot baths will help your mom. Here our Emergency room will treat you and then you can pay it out in monthly payments, maybe yours will also. Hope she feels much better, my daughter seems to be in less pain after her baths.

Since it is on her buttocks that you/her desinfect the toilet seat before or after use. The MRSA virus is a superbug that is as far as i know penicilin resistant. How do i know? My brother in law had it(we didnt know what it was back then) and our whole family got it one after another. Only the littlest one Sam got lucky. Depending on location it is bothersome to extremly painful. My husband had one in his armpit and had to go to the ER, i had one like your MIL on the hinnie. I can feel with her, it hurts bad. By the way the Er doc only popped the thing and gave antibiotics

Back
Top Bottom