Help! Bought what was called a Frizzle roo

Newbie in Screamer Al

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 11, 2011
I got 2 more birds today. One was a Buff O hen 5 months old, and the other he called a frizzle that hatched with, and the same time as the Buff O. Any frizzle info I have found, lead me to believe it is a bantam size bird. They are both the same size as of now, LOL I said I wanted full size birds. Do I have a bantam? It will look funny strutting with my 6 R.R.'s and 1 Buff O. Thanks for your help

Ys, I believe frizzles are bantams. If they're both the same size, though, IDK what to tell you..
idunno.gif

Oh great! LOL. Not what I was hoping to hear. Oh Well, he will have little man syndrom I guess, or ecstatic living with all those larger girls,LOLOL

Newbie in Screamer Al, :

Oh great! LOL. Not what I was hoping to hear. Oh Well, he will have little man syndrom I guess, or ecstatic living with all those larger girls,LOLOL

I actually have a little Frizzle mi living with the big girls, and he does fine. They worship him.
lol.png

frizzle is a gene tht affects feathering, causing the feathers to curl. It can be found in any and every breed, in large fowl and in bantams. It is not a breed in and of itself.

^ As said.
smile.png

In most cases though, frizzles are bantam Cochins. But, they can be either bantam or standard sized, and can be found on almost any breed.

Thanks for all the info. I guess time will tell huh?, LOL. And thanks for the encouragement eenie114. I hope mine will all get along like yours too...

Back
Top Bottom