Help broken button quail legs?

Its called pasty butt it can happen to quails do what u did with the warm wet cloth thats now u get rid of it it nirmally happens if the chick didnt stand up to poop and it sticks and piles up then the poop gets stuck inside
I did clean all the pasty butt off this morning. I am sure that this is her skin and there is something wrong with it do you know? Thank you so much for everything!

Thanks
will she be okay or will she die should we cull her? Is sh in pain?
I have no idea mine just hatched 3 days ago i had to assist hatch it and learn the different peep sounds and gently touch the leg in spots and see if shes in pain i am not a expert just saying what i learned from reading and such

In my experience the leg cannot be fixed, and the quail will fail to thrive and waste away. It would be best to cull it, you can try to feed it and help it, but when it gets weak you need to end its suffering since you seemed like you really can’t do that, you should now start asking friends and family if they can cull it for you because that is what will probably end up needing to be done.

We have a 2 month old quail who's leg was dislocated as a chick. he is now an adult and is as happy as the other chicks. He can stand on one leg but the other is twisted at an angle and to the side however, this does not stop him from getting around. We did take him to the vets and were given the option of amputation but he gets along fine as it is, and i do check daily for sores and such but fingers crossed they haven't appeared yet. i'd say leave him and see how he goes. But then i am coming from keeping as a pet perspective.

Is there any other humane way I hate blood and having to do it myself I don't want jet to fit that way
That is the fastest way I know of. You could try breaking its neck, but odd are good that the head will come off when you do that. There is very little blood. I hate culling chicks, but this one is injured, and probably in pain.
Do you think she will survive? She's eating and moving just very weirdly. Is she in pain?
This chick is unlikely to survive. It might if you are willing to manually feed and water it and clean its rear every day as it poops, but even then it might not.

Back
Top Bottom