Help! Bumblefoot!!

Ama201

In the Brooder
Nov 2, 2019
Can someone help me explain what Bumblefoot is and how to I help my chicken? My daughters are convinced our chicken has Bumblefoot bc it has a bubble on the top of her foot and on the bottom and she’s limping. It breaks my heart to see her limp. How can we help her?

I am by no means an expert. I have a hen who had Bumblefoot. It is usually an abscess that a callous eventually grows over it...keeping it from draining. I t is usually a staff infection. Can be caused by the foot getting injured on a sharp object. You can give 1/2 of a baby aspirin for comfort once a day. I did daily soaks in warm water with Epsom salts, and massaged the lump while in the water. I never saw anything come out, but she stopped limping and seems fine now. I soaked her for about 4 days, when she got better. Hope this helps.

I am by no means an expert. I have a hen who had Bumblefoot. It is usually an abscess that a callous eventually grows over it...keeping it from draining. I t is usually a staff infection. Can be caused by the foot getting injured on a sharp object. You can give 1/2 of a baby aspirin for comfort once a day. I did daily soaks in warm water with Epsom salts, and massaged the lump while in the water. I never saw anything come out, but she stopped limping and seems fine now. I soaked her for about 4 days, when she got better. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for this advice.. I appreciate your quick response! It’s so sad when your chickens get hurt.. I’ll try this today. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom