Help! Bunny isn't eating pellets!

Hi!

My fifteen-month-old Holland Lop doe hasn't been eating her pellets. She has been drinking water and eating hay and veggie/fruit scraps. I can't get to a vet. Any suggestions?
Yes, I’ve heard of rabbits not wanting pellets and eating other things. But as long as she continues eating hay, and veggies she will be just fine. If you free feed pellets, that also seems to make them less likely to be interested. Rabbits actually do just fine without any pellets at all. Hay is what they really need along with veggies and you can give fruits but not too much.

If it were me I would cut out the veggies for now. Sometimes they cause digestive issues. Does she act OK otherwise? Is there any chance there is something wrong with the pellets?

If it were me I would cut out the veggies for now. Sometimes they cause digestive issues. Does she act OK otherwise? Is there any chance there is something wrong with the pellets?
I don't think there is anything wrong with the pellets since my other three bunnies are still eating them normally. The Holland Lop bunny sometimes eats them but not consistently. I don't give them enough veggies that they would cause an issue.

If the rabbit is acting normally, is alert and active, and eating enough hay to maintain body condition, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe she has just taken a dislike to pellets. In any event, I don't see what you can do about it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom