Help call duck not eating!!!!!!

Hi Miss Lydia!

Yes! We'll keep you updated with news - so don't forget to get your air ticket to France for a free holiday here with us!

You have been so supportive ( as have many others during this traumatic time for both Sandra and myself ) - would love for you to come over here to Dysfunctional Farm!!!

Suzie
hugs.gif

Forgot to say thanks for the invite Suzie maybe someday,if any of you are ever in Dublin give me a shout it would be fun to meet with people who dont think we are mad when all we talk about is ducks

Hi all,just to update you my little fella is doing well,he is out with the others his leg is still a bit weak but he was out with the others all morning messing about in the muck,the only problem we seem to have now is that he dosent seem to be waterproof,I had to bring him in and put him in clean water in the sink to get the mud off and then dry him off before I put him out for the night.how is Julia hope she is doing well sandra

Hi Sandra,

Well that is terrific news about your little boy! He probably needs to use his oil gland to waterproof himself but that will come in time when he is feeling better! So...... now you DO need to think about a name for your miracle boy!

Julia is doing well - she is still limping but has been under the protective wing of Elvis all day today, they have been sunbathing in one of the fields together, her Sisters don't seem very interested in her but hopefully they will integrate with her again soon - I observed her eating tonight ( with Elvis ) - so I am not too worried on that score. Elvis hides her away from the others - it is quite amazing to watch them together - Julia is the "baby", I say Sisters because we purchased all of the Muscovy and Barbary ducks on the same day - Elvis was in a cage with three adult females and the chicks were - Julia, Rossi, Cyril and the two Stripes ( one of the Stripes died on Christmas night) - so Julia is somewhat younger than her Sisters.

I am now optimistic about the outcome for both of our ducks - it has been traumatic, nerve wracking, hopeless and then suddenly we seem to be turning the corner in the right direction - a steep learning curve for both of us - thank goodness for BYC and the people here who have given us hope and invaluable advice about our predicament(s)!

Thank you EVERYONE sincerely for being there for us ( Especially Miss Lydia ) in helping with support and your experience!

Keep updating with news and I will do the same!

Suzie
hugs.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Well all I can say is Praise Be! What wonderful news from both of you!! Thats so sweet that Elvis is watching over Julia, and that the miracle little call is coming around too. You both have been good nurses and duckie mommies that has a big part in how well they've done. So just keep up the good work and hopefully in a few more days this will all be behind you for good. Sandra which of your dogs got ahold of your call?

Wonderful news. He will no doubt start to preen himself and get waterproofed before long.

Hi Miss Lydia,as Suzie says thanks for all your support, it is great to have this site where people can share their experiences with us because it has been a great help,it was my springer spaniel that bit my duck she usually comes over to the hens and ducks with me every day and there is never a problem but that day the duck got seperated from the hens (I didnt tell you he thinks he is a hen ,must have been hatched by one)and I think he flew and scared the dog, because they never fly,and the dog bit him from underneath .It is her nature to hunt birds that is what springers are breed for but I will never trust her with them again ,I couldnt even look at her until I knew the poor little fellow was going to survive and she is a real pet very soft natured as a rule.Anyone have any suggestions for a name for him ? Sandra

Thanks for your reply sandra, I have had a few bird dogs along the way, I love the sporting group, We have a mix that is got lots of bird dog in her, and my dachshunds and Annie who's the mix don't do bad around the ducks and chickens, I would never leave them alone together though, The old saying theres strength in numbers, and having 4 they would probably be pretty brave. Now our goose is another story they hate him, he has nipped them too many times and Annie has already gotten him by the neck, she didn't bite down I think she had just had enough of his bullying. So Even though they can all be out together when we're with them. I would never intentionally leave them together. I really like the name Mac Tavish for a duck, I looked it up to see if it is Irish and never got a good reply, so thats just one name,I'm sure someone else could come up with a better one, I also like Bert, I have an Ernie
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom