Help call duck not eating!!!!!!

OK the challenge is on....

I named my GSD's Pride, Shadow and Solo ( he's my current chicken attacking boy....), yes my male dog chased my chickens - never again! He leave the ducks and geese alone though!

How about Merlin - after all he's magical to have come through his ordeal!

Come on people - suggest more names for this brave little fellow who despite his ordeal had come through this!

Suzie

p.s. Julia is still limping but Elvis is taking good care of her, she is constantly by his side......!
frow.gif

Hi Miss Lydia

Yes she is - if you look back to my post "Oh No, not my Julia" I posted a picture of her with the first Indian Runner chick which she hatched here.

( The post is about 4 or 5 pages back now )

Suzie

My Muscovie girls are all good mommies and good brooders too. I might give them some chicken eggs to sit on, I don't let them hatch ducklings I can't find homes for them and I don't have the room for anymore. I found one of my girls sitting on a chicken egg last week, they sit on any kind of egg, sure hope they don't come across any snake eggs.
hmm.png

Now that is a wonderful idea..... Elvis and Julia having babies - I do know that one of my Muscovy girls is laying eggs at the moment, I have found one in their compound each of the last two days, it is easier to know who laid it when they go into the chicken house, climb the ladder and lay their eggs in the nesting boxes - yes they also go up to the perches in the chicken house!

Julia is coming on leaps and bounds, she is still with Elvis constantly and seems very content, even her Sisters aren't bothering her now and Elvis is very busy with lining up his girls ( they form a row, lying down for him ) and doing the deed.....! I can't say that I have witnessed him with Julia yet but I do keep an eye on her in the day, I watch her when she is near Leo my donkey ( as he can get quite boisterous ) and when she goes into the paddock with the goats - I would hate for her to be trodden on after her ordeal, she doesn't seem to understand the dangers around her......!

So, Sandra, have you given any thought to a name for your little boy yet?

I do tend to give my babies names - that is all of my animals.......!!! Very few do not have names!

Boss - My guardian goose
Philippe - Head Rooster
Bart - Chicken
Papa - Silkie Husband of Maman
Boy, boy - Silkie Males
Chaos, Hobo, Tramp, Sampson, Lucky, Rudolph, Smart, Guinness...... now that is a good Irish name...... I do miss a drink of it, we can't get it here in France - ah! what I would give for a pint of draught Guinness - lovely!
Getting off track I do miss Cadbury's Chocolate too....... I do however have a small supply here!

Get thinking Sandra....... he deserves a very special name!

Suzie
celebrate.gif

Hi Sandra!

I am English.... well, Welsh ancestry on my Father's side and Irish on my Mothers side ( and very proud of being so!) - thanks for the offer of chocolate but Phil has just returned from England ( his Brother's wife died very recently ) as he had to attend a funeral and he came back here with some Cadbury's Fruit and Nut - Yummie....!!!

We moved here 2 years ago after being disillusioned with England - I lived in Berkshire and Phil lived in Brighton and we decided to up-sticks and start a new life elsewhere - my love has always been my animals and now I have achieved my ultimate dream... my horses, chickens, ducks etc., life here is good, we are self-sufficient ( mainly ) and are lucky enough to have retired very early in life - every day is wonderful ( except when accidents and emergencies occur with my animals.... ) and I love every day looking after my flock(s).

It would be nice to keep in touch anyway and maybe you and your friend can come and stay for a while in September when you are travelling through! I will send you a personal email with my details.......BUT.... name your little boy........!

Suzie

Suzie your life sounds fantastic I envy you,I don't work and really enjoy looking after the animals but like england things are bad over here but no point complaining it won't change it. I only got chickens last september and was hooked straight away ,went to a chicken buy and sell yesterday didnt buy anything but a girl I have meet there before gave me 10 Silkie Pekin cross eggs to hatch.I told her to only bring me 4!!!!!!. I have two broody hens a buff orpington and a Pekin cross.the Orpington has been sitting on nothing for three weeks and I put the eggs under her today I don't know if she will sit long enough to hatch these , if she does she will have been sitting for six weeks . The cat came into the coop with me today and the hen jumped out of the nesting box and took a lump out of the cats fur I don't think he will go in there again ha ha .I thought of rambo as a name because he was always cut to bits and still survived but I hate sly stillion (don't know how to spell that) or maybe James or bond because he survives everything . What you think ? Sandra ps maybe we should pm I think we are going off the topic of call duck not eating!!

Back
Top Bottom