Help! Call Ducks Due!

At this point, is there anything I can do to keep from getting worse? Temp 101.8 and humidity 21 today. We are about halfway through day 12. They are in a new incubator so it should not have any bacteria. What are signs that they are becoming sticky?

At this point, is there anything I can do to keep from getting worse? Temp 101.8 and humidity 21 today. We are about halfway through day 12. They are in a new incubator so it should not have any bacteria. What are signs that they are becoming sticky?

Just keep the humidity low, try not to add any more water to the bator.. NO it's not a bacteria issue.

On the edge where the air cell is you can see this yellowish glow when you candle. That's usually the first sign. Let me see them Four days before hatching day and Perhaps we can give him a chance before they drown IF they get really bad. Will know more come closer to hatching day.

I am working on keeping the humidity low. I have since put a dehumidifier in the room. When I left for work, the humidity was at 27. I candled the eggs once again today when I misted them. They appear to look good. I don't see any yellowish glow around the air cells. These eggs look much better than the last group. It is hard to tell in the pictures but he only yellowish spots that go near the air cell are the sections on the one side of the egg where the fluid from the bottom goes up, in that one area on the side where veins don't go all the way around the egg. These have a great deal more of white area where the veins are developing that the previous ones did. The air cells also appear to be growing a little daily. My others did not grow much at all through out incubation so keeping my fingers crossed.

I am working on keeping the humidity low. I have since put a dehumidifier in the room. When I left for work, the humidity was at 27. I candled the eggs once again today when I misted them. They appear to look good. I don't see any yellowish glow around the air cells. These eggs look much better than the last group. It is hard to tell in the pictures but he only yellowish spots that go near the air cell are the sections on the one side of the egg where the fluid from the bottom goes up, in that one area on the side where veins don't go all the way around the egg. These have a great deal more of white area where the veins are developing that the previous ones did. The air cells also appear to be growing a little daily. My others did not grow much at all through out incubation so keeping my fingers crossed.

Sounds like a good hatching in the makes. LOL

5 ducks go into lockdown tomorrow, day 23. I am extremely nervous. I will take pics and post tomorrow. My batch of chicks did not do well. I went by new hygrometer and I think humidity was too low at lockdown. Not sure what to do now. I have 3 hygrometers in there and they read 57, 62, and 65.

2 chicks hatched fine but were wet. 3, I am having to assist and 4 died after lockdown. 2 were malpositioned, one drowned, and I am not sure what happened with the other. The three I am helping did internal pip on their own but are having some problems getting out the shell. I am monitoring them. Scared I am gonna lose ducks again.

5 ducks go into lockdown tomorrow, day 23. I am extremely nervous. I will take pics and post tomorrow. My batch of chicks did not do well. I went by new hygrometer and I think humidity was too low at lockdown. Not sure what to do now. I have 3 hygrometers in there and they read 57, 62, and 65.
Well no matter which one is correct, those are good settings for the humidity. LOL

2 chicks hatched fine but were wet. 3, I am having to assist and 4 died after lockdown. 2 were malpositioned, one drowned, and I am not sure what happened with the other. The three I am helping did internal pip on their own but are having some problems getting out the shell. I am monitoring them. Scared I am gonna lose ducks again.
You'll be fine, remember to candle them before you lock them down, candle them from the smaller end and the larger end, you want to look for any empty space..

Back
Top Bottom