Help! Can anyone tell me if my 3 or 4 week old pullets Delaware's

Here it is. Both girls have got some of these darker feather tips mixed into their wings.

I've also noticed one keeps her feathers puffed on the back. No other chicken does this. I looked at her back and there is no abnormalities, it just looks like she keeps these feathers puffed. I just noticed her doing this for about a week now. I don't remember her doing this before. Does anyone know why a bird does this? Here are some views of it

Also here is a view of their feet color.

And another front and back photo of the girls

I'm hoping they may still qualify as Red Sex-Link
1f60a.png

Last edited:
The black in the wings indicate more possibility of Production Reds...Red Stars/Gold Stars usually only have white trim.

But you still got a better deal... Production Reds are much better layers than Delawares too.

Not sure with the feather fluffing...if the chick looks a bit ruffled, withdrawn, it might be early symptoms of illness...Coccidiosis often firsts presents with feather ruffling.

Do you have them on medicated feed? If not, I would get them on asap just in case.

LofMc

They all are on the medicated feed and antibiotic water. She is a busy little pullet. Just thought it was a weird observation on her cushion/ back/ rump/ I think I'm in the general area of feather concern. Ha. Hopefully it is nothing serious! I can't seem to find anything about why it looks like this. Thank you for your thoughts.

The first 2 pics are of my golden sex link and the last is my Delaware. I am a newbie but your girls look a lot like my golden sex link. (They are about 3 weeks old in these pics)

Yes my girl's do look a lot like yours and definitely safe to say not the Delaware! Being a newbie as well, I'm glued to this fun site! And all the response are so helpful.

Back
Top Bottom