Help!! Can I use Corrid 20% ??

4luvofchickens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 29, 2010
Northern NY
My pullets have cocci and i went to TSC to get corrid. They have it, but they said it's not for chickens and it's 20%. My questions is does it matter if it's for chickens or not? Couldn't I just use a little less than half the dose I would have used for the 9.6 %? I am desperate as this is the only store that sells corrid in my area. Any help would be great

Not sure about the Corid question. But I've been giving my chicks Sulmet, which is also for cocci. They've been responding wonderfully...no more bloody poops after two days. I've heard that Sulmet can be hard on their digestive systems, but them seem to be doing fine. Although, I am giving they some plain yogurt to help with that. Just a thought in case you can't give them that Corid....maybe Sulmet is available??

Hello! I'm so glad I saw this....I bought the EXACT same Corid as you did at TSC. It was a powder, and it was for Bovine. So, there was an 800 number on the package that I called, and I actually got to speak with a vet, and he said use 3 TBSP per 5 gallons of water. Well, I wasn't going to make 5 gallons, and he said Corid was very safe, and it won't hurt if I estimate....so I used a heaping tsp in just one gallon of water. My chicks recovered nicely!

Good luck with yours!

Oh my gosh thank you so much! I was so worried i wouldn't be able to get the meds i needed to save them. I will give the corid to them ASAP. Glad to hear yours recovered so well!

Wow--This is amazing, for we too are in upstate NY, we too just had a cocci hit, also couldnt find corid, also ended up getting the bovine (from agway--9.6 solution tho) and also also called the 800 # and spoke with a Vet who took quite a long time discussing dosage.

We are doing (for 7 wk old) 2.25 ml per quart (the size of our chick waterer).

I wish I could attach the pdfs he sent me as they mention a soluble powder (amprolium 128 soluble powder---is this what you have?). 1.5 tsp per gal for .024% solution if this is what you have.

http://www.corid.com/calculator.html

Good luck! We lost one even after 12 hrs on corid. got to her too late, poor little girl.
sad.png

Who would have thought someone nearby was going through the same thing! Well i have treated thier water with the corrid now it's fingers crossed. Best of luck with getting the rest of yours on the mend, and so sorry to hear you lost one.

Back
Top Bottom