HELP can young chicks get ill over moulting

Judykaymayes

Songster
Mar 2, 2023
I have a showgirl that is moulting and found her on her side gave her some poultry drench and she got up on her heels but she is having trouble moving her legs! can mounting cause this oe could it be poor quality feed and lack of vitamins am now giving poultry B12 wit vit k
Judy Mayes

I doubt that molting is causing the problem. Have you been feeding a balanced ration?
I thought I will check into it tomorrow ill call the ones that make the feed ,but I need to know the amounts of every thing they need at a growing age that I don't know.

I have a showgirl that is moulting and found her on her side gave her some poultry drench and she got up on her heels but she is having trouble moving her legs! can mounting cause this oe could it be poor quality feed and lack of vitamins am now giving poultry B12 wit vit k
Judy Mayes
How old is the "chick" and what have you been feeding (do you know the feed name)?

Do you have any B complex? Riboflavin is recommended, does your poultry drench contain it?. Are you in the US?

:fl

How old is the "chick" and what have you been feeding (do you know the feed name)?

Do you have any B complex? Riboflavin is recommended, does your poultry drench contain it?. Are you in the US?

:fl
I'm looking into it its made at a local feed elevator .just called grower my chicks are lare summer and I'm in Indiana .US

Most grower feeds would be adequate and balanced. But I would get human vitamin B or super B complex tablets. Give 1/4 to 1/2 tablet crushed in food/water or whole to the chicken daily for a couple of weeks. Could she have been hurt or showing signs of Mareks? Are the others all fine?

Most grower feeds would be adequate and balanced. But I would get human vitamin B or super B complex tablets. Give 1/4 to 1/2 tablet crushed in food/water or whole to the chicken daily for a couple of weeks. Could she have been hurt or showing signs of Mareks? Are the others all fine?
She is the only one she is on her feet just wobbly and one of my Serama was on his side three days ago walking today tilting over ysing wings to hold him straight .ay be a vitamin difencie. I can do the vitamin but been using Rooster Booster with B 12 and vit k that's not good enough?

She is the only one she is on her feet just wobbly and one of my Serama was on his side three days ago walking today tilting over ysing wings to hold him straight .ay be a vitamin difencie. I can do the vitamin but been using Rooster Booster with B 12 and vit k that's not good enough?
I'll get some at the store today.

I have been 12 thats my own are they good enough?

Back
Top Bottom