help! can't tell if something is wrong

Stop fretting, Kathy has stated that she used ten times the recommended amount without any problems. It could have been just a plucked blood feather.

X2. On the horse wormer I buy it says not to use in horse that is going to be used for meat, pregnant since it can abort the fetus. I think it also mention something about if you OD with it you can make the horse hypersensitive internal and external. Or I'm remembering something else. I threw away the box so I can't double check the last info I gave.

Help! My IBBS will not eat! He looked funny ! His feathers are sort of Ruffles! Enclosed is a pix! I wormed them about 3 weeks ago. I took my green one to the vet he had mites sure enough he did. I spayed with Permectrim 3 nights ago. My vet is out of town for a week. Should I worm him again or what. The vet took a stool sample and it was clear.

Help! My IBBS will not eat! He looked funny ! His feathers are sort of Ruffles! Enclosed is a pix! I wormed them about 3 weeks ago. I took my green one to the vet he had mites sure enough he did. I spayed with Permectrim 3 nights ago. My vet is out of town for a week. Should I worm him again or what. The vet took a stool sample and it was clear.

If there is mites or other external parasites like lice which could cause ruffled, bad quality, damaged feathers you might have to spray it a couple times. If they have access and dust bath it helps keep the population far enough down it won't do anything but if it's a feather thing it will probably be a couple weeks before anything feather wise changes. Parasites can drain them of their energy making them not want to eat for a while. If you have something that contains sulfur or sulfate it can help kill parasites fast.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom