Help! Chick attacked by hawk (I think) has broken leg! What do I do?

First of all you need to take care of any wounds or cuts one the survivor might have. Secondly you need to hawk proof the area the chicks are in to stop it from happening again. Third I would suggest bringing the survivor to the vet to get a good cast for the leg. If not you should figure out how to fix it by making a cast.

First of all you need to take care of any wounds or cuts one the survivor might have. Secondly you need to hawk proof the area the chicks are in to stop it from happening again. Third I would suggest bringing the survivor to the vet to get a good cast for the leg. If not you should figure out how to fix it by making a cast.
they are 2 weeks and they are in a predator proof coop, unfortunately I was away and one of my grandkids must have left the door ajar. I've seen this hawk lurking so I assume it was a hawk attack. There are no wounds or cuts just the leg injury and a missing chick. I will try to get pics to send.

they are 2 weeks and they are in a predator proof coop, unfortunately I was away and one of my grandkids must have left the door ajar. I've seen this hawk lurking so I assume it was a hawk attack. There are no wounds or cuts just the leg injury and a missing chick. I will try to get pics to send.
Ok, pictures will help everyone figure out what to do.

Back
Top Bottom