HELP Chick hatched w/ cord attached!!!!

elvi

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Newaygo County, MI
I have 21 eggs in my bator. I have been watching temp and humidity about 6 times a day. Everything was going fine. Hatch date is today. There is alot of movement and noise, but only 2 pipping. One pipped yesterday, today it is completely out and looks somewhat like a little alien
smile.png
There are no eyes (they are covered by a membrane) and the cord is still attached...what is happening? Is it a preemie? The chick is laying on it's side, some blood spots around it, kinda moving...it's been about an hour since it's completely come out.

THIS IS MY FIRST CHICK EVER.

I have a still air little giant, 2 thermometrs in thebator and a hygrometer.

Someone pls explain...I have read all differnt websites and forums and can't find anything like this.

Let it dry a little. If it has membrane covering it's nostrils (at top of beak) gently remove it, but if possible keep the incubator closed.

If it lives, we can deal with it's possible eye problem later (it might not actually have a problem)

I'm hoping someone who knows more gets on here and can give you an answer but I would say get a warm washcloth and wrap it around it. This will keep the membrane wet until someone who knows more can tell you what to do. Good like. Gin

I'm hoping someone who knows more gets on here and can give you an answer but I would say get a warm washcloth and wrap it around it. This will keep the membrane wet until someone who knows more can tell you what to do. Good luck. Gin

i just leave them in the inc for awhile an let them detach their selves the will roll around an twist it up on their own that seals it off.i hatch alot of diffrnt stuff an its worked on about all of them

Thank you! I left it in there and it seems great this morning. I will give it a couple more hours in the incubator.

I had a total of only 5 eggs hatch. I am going to candle the other ones to see if something is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom