HELP!!!CHICK IS DEAD HEN IS HURT

Pics
You could try a net or just stringing yarn/string/ribbon in a criss-cross fashion to deter the aerial predators. Even some big potted plants (fake or real) to obscure the runway/landing pad for a hawk and give some cover to the chicks. You might be able to find these items free/cheap at goodwill or on neighbors curb after a garage sale or on craigslist. Hope you can build your hoop coop soon!
Thats a great idea. I use a 50x100 foot Deer net over mine. I was lucky and bought it at Walmart on end of year clearance sale for 7 bucks.
I often see the netting at my local Thrift Stores also. That was a great idea to offer.

You could try a net or just stringing yarn/string/ribbon in a criss-cross fashion to deter the aerial predators. Even some big potted plants (fake or real) to obscure the runway/landing pad for a hawk and give some cover to the chicks. You might be able to find these items free/cheap at goodwill or on neighbors curb after a garage sale or on craigslist. Hope you can build your hoop coop soon!
thank you I will be looking for a way to cover their run. my brothers almost ready for college so we will be moving by June next year and my parents said that if are allowed to have chickens were we are moving then i am allowed to build the hoop coop

Thats a great idea. I use a 50x100 foot Deer net over mine. I was lucky and bought it at Walmart on end of year clearance sale for 7 bucks.
I often see the netting at my local Thrift Stores also. That was a great idea to offer.
i was just looking at deer netting and my dad used to have it when we first made them a run but we threw it away like 4 months ago because 4 snakes got tangled up in it and we had to cut the netting to take the snakes out and then my hen would try to get out threw the holes

Back
Top Bottom