HELP!!!CHICK IS DEAD HEN IS HURT

Thank you for explaining it. But she did try to protect them from the hawk or was that just her own chicks?
this happened at 5 am so I'm guessing she ran out to go protect them from the hawk but got hurt while doing it because yesterday she had no blood on her face. whenever they cry because they are scared of watermelon she runs to help them. if she didn't run out to get them then that means the hawk went inside her coop becuase I leave the the door wide open but I will be locking it from now on

Last edited:
Since your moving soon, you can begin getting ideas together to protect them at your new place.
I know you will need a parent with you but, you can keep a watchful eye on your local Craigslist under the "Free" section. People give away good stuff.
You can also post in the "wanted" section for stuff your looking for.
Just some ideas.
i think I know what I want to do I think I will make a hoop run for them when we move

I'm a minor, too.
Tell your parents that if you don't keep the birds safe, ALL THAT MONEY that apparently they aren't happy about spending will be wasted. W-A-S-T-E-D. And that innocent creatures have died.
another reason why shes mad that she spent all this money is becuase she original bought me 4 straight runs and I got 3 roos and 1 hen but they turned out to be meat chickens and she is mad that she spent a lot of money on food for the ones that we gave away but my dad bought me 4 more pullets 2 died and know i only have two but other than that shes happy that I'm happy

another reason why shes mad that she spent all this money is becuase she original bought me 4 straight runs and I got 3 roos and 1 hen but they turned out to be meat chickens and she is mad that she spent a lot of money on food for the ones that we gave away but my dad bought me 4 more pullets 2 died and know i only have two but other than that shes happy that I'm happy
How did the pullets die?
I hope you work all this out.

I think your doing the best you can. Plus, you are learning. As a parent myself, most of us want you to be happy. But, things beyond our control seem to stress your mom out. Try not to involve her too much. She has her own issues she's dealing with and you don't want her to make you get rid of your girls. Your dad seems to wanna help but, doesn't know chicken stuff either.
Be patient with them. Your doing a good job with what you have. You will use up the feed. Keep it secure and in a cool place to keep it from molding. Don't feed any other critters in your yard.
The hoop run is a great idea after you move.
so i just told my parents about the hoop coop and my mom said I can only do it when we move but we have to have a fence and we cant be renting so i cant wait till i can do the hoop coop for my chickens :)

And do they snuggel up under the hen? Does she feed them?
the hen sleeps in the nesting boxes which I will be covering up today and the chicks are on the roost bar I wake up and I let only the hen out and I give her food and when shes done I give the to the chicks( the hen eats chick starter because she doesn't want to ear her pellets but she's not going to lay any eggs because shes a meat chicken) the chicks are only able to inside the coop and the little covered run.

You won't belive it this morning when I was outside at 7 I saw the hawk looking down at the chickens from the sky.😱 yesterday I didn't have enough time to clean up the heart of the chick and when I went outside to go get it I was gone

Back
Top Bottom