Help!!! Chick is dying

Aug 31, 2021
went to my brooder to check on my chicks and noticed blood in the brooder and this baby hardly moving, what would cause this and is she a lost cause?
DDFA8D17-1BA4-4019-996A-B166F0B8872C.jpeg

Take a warm damp paper towel and pat it till it's clean.

If she's weak, try giving her some water mixed with sugar. That should give her a boost.

@Eggcessive

Take a warm damp paper towel and pat it till it's clean.

If she's weak, try giving her some water mixed with sugar. That should give her a boost.

@Eggcessive
Okay I’ve done that and she is drinking but doesn’t seem to be getting any better, after some research it looks like an infected navel, the most humane thing to do might just be to put her down

Okay I’ve done that and she is drinking but doesn’t seem to be getting any better, after some research it looks like an infected navel, the most humane thing to do might just be to put her down
Ok. So sorry about that. I wish I could be more helpful. 😞

I don’t have experience with this, but it looks like it may have been injured or pecked. Can you put some disinfectant on it and let it dry out? Keep giving the sugar water or electrolytes.

I see what looks like it maybe an intestine peeking out, but it's hard to tell.
Can you give a good clear close up of the wound? S/he looks like the other's attempted to cannibalize.

Back
Top Bottom