HELP! Chick is weak! EMERGENCY!!!

ragerkid2

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Johnstown Pa
Hi I have 9 Light Barahamas in one brooder (almost three weeks). And i also have 10 Red sex Links (5 or 6 Days Old). One of my Red Sex Links is week. I found her this morning at 5:30 am.... She actually looks partially parallized.... She has her head thrown back on her back and one of her legs were in the air. I thought maby she was just sleeping (we all know that chicks sleep in weird ways), but all the other girls were up and lively and running around. Somthing is wrong with her. I put her in her own brooder (box). She is sleeping constantly. She will only wake up if you move her a weird way. She will stay in your hand and everything. She just sleeps. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! = [
This is my first time raising chicks.

when I have a weak chick I give it electrolye vitamin water dribbled on the beak several times an hour. You can try sugar water if you dont have electrolytes. Most of the time they are not getting enough because of the others. Sometimes its just they were to weak from the get go. Try that and some boiled egg yolk if you can get her to eat.
fl.gif
that helps and she gets better.

Back
Top Bottom