Help Chicken Ate Detergent Powder

Pics

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hey ..This Morning They Are Playing & one Of Them Ate detergent powder ..(Washing powder) a lilttle I guess cause I pick him up ..
I clean his beak
I'm.worried any advice's ?

That's a potentially toxic substance. If you can get it into the chick, a molasses flush would help neutralize the toxins. Make a very wet mash of its chick food, about a couple tablespoons and stir in a teaspoon of molasses. Try to get it to eat as much as possible.

Oh my god ..
He eat a pinch of it
He's not a chick I'm sorry he's 9 months old
I do not have molasses ..anything else I can give??????

ACV or anything that
Do you have Epsom salt? You can take away his normal water so all he has is the Epsom salt water. It will flush his intestines, then later he will need fresh water because he will be very thirsty.

Mix one teaspoon Epsom salt per cup of water. No, regular salt will not wor

Yes I have Epsom salt .
Okay I'll do it thank u so much dear

Hey ..This Morning They Are Playing & one Of Them Ate detergent powder ..(Washing powder) a lilttle I guess cause I pick him up ..
I clean his beak
I'm.worried any advice's ?
Flush his system with water. My chicken got New Castle Disease which has no cure and 99% who get it so I flushed her system with water and now she is perfectly fine. Just flush hiw system with water. You can heat it up to make him take more so his body temp doesn't drop. Use a syringe or a staw to give him water. Btw lay him on his back to prevent him from shaking his head too much

There is always the Universal Antidote. It saved my life once a very long time ago. It's very strong black tea, charcoal-burnt toast, and milk of magnesia mixed together. Tanin, which is in tea, is toxic to chickens, so I would use just a small amount, going heavy on the charcoal and a bit of the milk of magnesia.

But the Epsom salt drench will make him empty his intestines and that should do the trick. He'll be fine.

Flush his system with water. My chicken got New Castle Disease which has no cure and 99% who get it so I flushed her system with water and now she is perfectly fine. Just flush hiw system with water. You can heat it up to make him take more so his body temp doesn't drop. Use a syringe or a staw to give him water. Btw lay him on his back to prevent him from shaking his head too much

Ohh I'll take ur advice and will give him plenty of water ..
Wow I have been reading about Newcastle from many days and I'm searching treatments ..there's no cure but my grand mother told me for giving Aloe Vira Leaves Extract it will kill Newcastle somehow... I'm reading about it pls tell me do ur chicken with Newcastle live happily ? ..

Newcastle mainly happen and catch birds when we change weather as its a viral ..so taking care of our chickens when we r currently moving in summers from winters ..I notice changing weather makes them irritated ..they sneeze sometimes in early morning

There is always the Universal Antidote. It saved my life once a very long time ago. It's very strong black tea, charcoal-burnt toast, and milk of magnesia mixed together. Tanin, which is in tea, is toxic to chickens, so I would use just a small amount, going heavy on the charcoal and a bit of the milk of magnesia.

But the Epsom salt drench will make him empty his intestines and that should do the trick. He'll be fine.

wow I didn't know about that ..
Really helpful:goodpost:

One more thing I would do for your chicken. Detergent has naptha in it. It's a solvent, and chickens suffer neurotoxin poisoning from just a tiny amount of petroleum distillates. So in addition to the Epsom salt drench, you should treat him with vitamin E 400iu, a sliver of selenium and B-complex each day. This will protect and repair damage to his nervous system.

Signs of neurological damage will be lameness and balance issues. Continue with the vitamin therapy over the next week, and if he goes lame, keep it up. The damage can be reversible if caught quickly.

Back
Top Bottom