Help? Chicken / farm animal information

bobhoke

Songster
7 Years
Aug 23, 2014
Northern Lower Peninsula (NLP) Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Too much of the information provided here on this website and others can be dangerously inaccurate for you and your livestock.

As a person becomes inspired and gets that itch to raise chickens for whatever reason often heads to the web when they confront their first dilemma. There are differing reason, but based on on our fear structured society today and the inception of the information / tech age we resort to the notorious internet aka BYC - with the socially conditioned cognitive brackets of hope and trust and experience undesired results. Unfortunately, with our public education system, our unexperienced researchers continue in the same medium looking for the same answer with the same uncertainty and now hopefully with less confidence continuing to sob.

The point is to learn from your uniformed failures and then employ logic, reason and experience to resolve your dilemmas effectively. The dividends will be readily available for you faster permanently. You do not require to resort to a 'scholarly' community, periodicals (which are also often WRONG) or even the experienced farmer. I've watched YOUTUBE contributors who are self declared experienced, but the above mentioned said "inspired" normally do not consider the fact that perhaps this said YOUTUBER has been doing it wrong for many moons leaving our new farm manager stuck in the spirit of hope and trust. Don't accept and think that its "a way" so that's good enough for government work (sarcasm). Heck - everyone has a technique. People, do us all a favor and start practicing 'How To Think' and not 'What To Think'. (And no that's not a plug and I'm not selling a book).
This is free advice for an every day growing society that is running down hill effectively unwittingly. (More on that later)

- Remember you live in a copy cat society. Most regurgitate what they read elsewhere right or wrong, so buy lots of wet wipes because its mostly 💩
- Remember, most people pushing diseases are trying to sell big pharma. Vaccinate this vaccinate that (horse 💩) For example: Want a solution for cocci? Try forest dirt. Don't confine your birds to a box or cage filled with - you guessed it - 💩. Give it a try. If you have to pen up your animals maybe you shouldn't have them in the first place. To do and think so is very human (not humane).

All I'm asking is for people to start thinking and perhaps better yet, if you know in your gut here on BYC that you don't know what the heck you are saying then please exercise your 5th and remain silent 🤫. Don't unintentionally do 'your best' and try to help by sharing a hunch or that 'experienced' weak effort of how to get something done for the government. (LoL)

Back
Top Bottom