HELP CHICKEN RESCUE in progress

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by bambi, Jun 18, 2010.

1. bambi

bambi Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    I don't think, but I don't know if they use it for fighting or not. I would think if they intended to use it for fighting they would take better care of it because you can't fight a sick or dying chicken. But I really don't know. So I would like to rescue it.

2. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Songster

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    Do you know the people? Maybe animal control would be an option?

If you bring another roo in, your roo will be fighting like crazy with him.

Good Luck!

3. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    [​IMG] idiots like these people are why I wont advertise any roosters on CL!!!! I learned that cockfighting owners use other kinds of roosters for bait. I would rather send mine to the freezer!!! I hope you can help or maybe call Animal Control or SPCA?

4. bambi

bambi Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    I have met them when we owned a lake house close to them. It was told to stay away from them and also one of the boys just walked into my lake house to tell me if my dog barked again when he pasted nour place he would shoot it then changed his mind after a bit and said he would just pepper spray it instead after I had told him if he shot my dog it would make me very sad. This seemed to calm him down I gave him can of coke and he left me alone after that.

5. bambi

bambi Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    Animal control is out of the question.
    This area has alot of poverty and they are doing all they can for the stray dogs and cats.Not much police enforcement either

6. the funny farm6615

the funny farm6615 In the Brooder

May 26, 2010
    iowa
    maybe if you "happened" to ask them where they got the rooster, that you thought he was very handsom, and if they ever wanted to sell him to let you know. it would get them thinking. cash money always seems to get peoples attention.

they dont seem like the kind of people you would want to make mad.

7. Pardee_Boy

Pardee_Boy In the Brooder

May 3, 2010
    Blissfield MI
    I would go all out and wait untill late tonight well after midnight and take the whole darn dog cage with you. hide the rooster at a friends place untill you have a good place for it. just an option.

8. bambi

bambi Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    Thanks everyone for your help. Good idea. Maybe if they thought they could get some money they will sell it to me. I still don't know what to do about trying to see if my RIR Roo and this game ROO (I think that is what it is) will live in peace. I hate to think after keeping it quarantine for 2 weeks and putting them together then watching one be massacre.

9. bambi

bambi Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    It doesn't even have the luxury of a dog crate. There is no bottom to the cage so if nothing is done it will meet its fate at the mouth of a predator.

10. I would get it right now! Then decide later! You might need to sell it but I would save it from misery! I know you will do a better job than that at making it feel comfortable and happy [​IMG]

Matthew

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: