Help chickens at window in cold

It isn't just chickens that learn to congregate outside the door where they know where their source of food is. I have wild turkeys that show up at my bedroom slider most mornings at dawn so I am sure to see them as soon as I wake up. This morning, though, there's a foot of snow out there and they aren't going to be able to come down from their roosting site at the top of the hill behind my house.
P1010001.JPG

I can see what you mean if they are 10 weeks or older, but in the winter you need to be very vigilant of the temp b/c a breeze in forty degree temp and your little bird is done for.
Right...why I said...
they just need a place to get out of the wind and snow.

no she only has garage open for them and says they sleep in the pine trees
Poor birds....where does she live?
Is there a blanket around that bird in the pic?

Do they have outdoor shelter? It looks like it's snowing in the picture, and in low temperatures, like single digits Fahrenheit, chickens can get frostbite if they don't have any shelter.

Right...why I said...

Poor birds....where does she live?
Is there a blanket around that bird in the pic?
Yes she put a blanket because they wouldn’t stay In garage. They survived the night she said because I texted her first thing in morning I was so worried. I only own ducks that I lock up in a shed so I’m trying to be helpful I don’t know why chickens would run out of a sheltered garage to a window outside it’s really strange

Yes she put a blanket because they wouldn’t stay In garage. They survived the night she said because I texted her first thing in morning I was so worried. I only own ducks that I lock up in a shed so I’m trying to be helpful I don’t know why chickens would run out of a sheltered garage to a window outside it’s really strange
I don't understand why they don't have adequate shelter a secure coop and maybe a run too....
....wonders what else they aren't getting that they need.

Back
Top Bottom