Help. Chicks dying half out of shell...

So here they are

Ok, it looks like a couple of those you are candling from the small end, and the one from the air cell is covered by your hand. To actual see the air cell, you have to candle down into it from the big end where the air cell is. If it's easier you can actually trace the air cell in pencil and take a regular pic of the egg with it traced instead of a candling pic.

Ok, it looks like a couple of those you are candling from the small end, and the one from the air cell is covered by your hand. To actual see the air cell, you have to candle down into it from the big end where the air cell is. If it's easier you can actually trace the air cell in pencil and take a regular pic of the egg with it traced instead of a candling pic.

So I see no airsack and that is probably the humidity 60%65% and humidity that's a little to high so what should I lower it too?

So I see no airsack and that is probably the humidity 60%65% and humidity that's a little to high so what should I lower it too?

You won't see the air cell if you candle from the small end. In the second pic where the light is shinning bright, that should be the air cell, but your hand covers it. The other two pics it appears you are candling from the small end, and that will not light the air cell so you can see it. So I can't really say the air cell is small, cause you can't tell in the pics.
Personally, I would never suggest higher than 45% humidity to anyone not in a high elevation incubating standard chicken eggs without the air cells pointing to needing a higher humidity. I prefer 30% and monitoring my air cells.

You won't see the air cell if you candle from the small end. In the second pic where the light is shinning bright, that should be the air cell, but your hand covers it. The other two pics it appears you are candling from the small end, and that will not light the air cell so you can see it. So I can't really say the air cell is small, cause you can't tell in the pics.
Personally, I would never suggest higher than 45% humidity to anyone not in a high elevation incubating standard chicken eggs without the air cells pointing to needing a higher humidity. I prefer 30% and monitoring my air cells.

I look for the air sack both sides nothing, then I saw your website and it said you should lower it so I did,to 45% ish then I looked on another website because mines strafoam and it said 60% sorry I'm really mixed up here.

Back
Top Bottom