HELP! Correct dosing Baytril/enrofloxacin

Oct 15, 2020
South Carolina
I’m attempting to treat a respiratory infection in my 2 goslings.
I have (Baytril) enrofloxacin 10% powder, meaning for 100mg of powder only 10mg is enrofloxacin.
My geese are 6.8 and 6.6 lbs which is 3.08kg and 2.99kg. The dosing recommendations are 10mg of enrofloxacin per kg.
So (from what I’m gathering) I would use 100mg of powder (10mg of enrofloxacin) per kg.
From my calculations, I’m getting 308mg and 299mg of powder for each of my geese respectively.
I’m planning on giving orally via a syringe mixed with distilled water.
I just want to triple check my calculations before administering tomorrow morning.
Should I actually be administering 10mg of powder per kg (meaning only 1mg of enrofloxacin) and should only be 30.8mg of powder vs 308mg of powder?
Sorry for the confusing post, I lost some brain function along the way lol.

Attachments

• IMG_7917.jpeg
    IMG_7917.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 7
I’m attempting to treat a respiratory infection in my 2 goslings.
I have (Baytril) enrofloxacin 10% powder, meaning for 100mg of powder only 10mg is enrofloxacin.
My geese are 6.8 and 6.6 lbs which is 3.08kg and 2.99kg. The dosing recommendations are 10mg of enrofloxacin per kg.
So (from what I’m gathering) I would use 100mg of powder (10mg of enrofloxacin) per kg.
From my calculations, I’m getting 308mg and 299mg of powder for each of my geese respectively.
I’m planning on giving orally via a syringe mixed with distilled water.
I just want to triple check my calculations before administering tomorrow morning.
Should I actually be administering 10mg of powder per kg (meaning only 1mg of enrofloxacin) and should only be 30.8mg of powder vs 308mg of powder?
Sorry for the confusing post, I lost some brain function along the way lol.
Looks like Casportpony is helping you here:::
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ratory-infection.1624933/page-2#post-27764542

Back
Top Bottom