Help day 21! Still alive no pips!

I appreciate everybodies feedback. After opening incubator and i could smell a rotten smell coming from egg with hole in it. I broke egg open as clearly it was dead and this is what i found. Any insights? Perfectly formed chick, lots of black liquid, no yolk and airsac no holes.
20200210_173037.jpg
20200210_173641.jpg
20200210_173357.jpg

this chick died in shell....it most likely drowned. it could have been malpositioned in the egg preventing it from pipping or humidity could have been too high throughout incubation or at lockdown. i suggest running your incubator for a few days with the calibrated thermometer and salt-tested hygrometer before setting more eggs. if it’s holding steady temp run it at 30% humidity until day 14 and then keep it 45-50 during lockdown.

Sorry about your baby @GlitterGremlin . I take a small pipet all the time and put it against the baby and squeeze out a tiny drop of warm water. If it's alive it'll move. This has really helped me. I've never had any issues with it. If there is no movement I know I can open it up. It just moistens the membrane enough that you can see movement or if there are any veins. IMO

Sorry about your baby @GlitterGremlin . I take a small pipet all the time and put it against the baby and squeeze out a tiny drop of warm water. If it's alive it'll move. This has really helped me. I've never had any issues with it. If there is no movement I know I can open it up. It just moistens the membrane enough that you can see movement or if there are any veins. IMO

Thankyou for all your help. I hope to have better luck with the next batch :)

Back
Top Bottom