Help? Day 21...

cas062720

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 19, 2015
I'm a nervous wreak. It's day 21 and there hasn't been any movement or pips.... I'm freaking out. I candled the eggs on day 18 and they moved and seemed fine. But on day 19, I had a temperature malfunction for about 30 mins. I don't think it killed them though because I don't smell anything bad. . . It smells fine, unlike one bad egg I had on day 8. Help? I'm just nervous why they aren't hatching. . . If they were dead for two days, would they smell?

Thanks!
Cassie

I'm a nervous wreak. It's day 21 and there hasn't been any movement or pips.... I'm freaking out. I candled the eggs on day 18 and they moved and seemed fine. But on day 19, I had a temperature malfunction for about 30 mins. I don't think it killed them though because I don't smell anything bad. . . It smells fine, unlike one bad egg I had on day 8. Help? I'm just nervous why they aren't hatching. . . If they were dead for two days, would they smell?

Thanks!
Cassie
They don't always smell, and they don't usually smell that late in the incubation. (They can, but generally don't.) What temps were you incubating at and do you have a still or forced air incubator and has your thermometers ever been checked for accuracy? What humidity did you incubate at for the first 17-18 days?

They don't always smell, and they don't usually smell that late in the incubation. (They can, but generally don't.) What temps were you incubating at and do you have a still or forced air incubator and has your thermometers ever been checked for accuracy? What humidity did you incubate at for the first 17-18 days?
The first 18 days- 99-100 degrees and 35-45 humidity

I have a still air incubator, so I know 99 degrees is a little low for a still air. I also read online that lower temperatures cause small delays in hatching. . . I checked on my eggs just now and I think I saw an egg moving. I'm, right now at least, a little more calm

The first 18 days- 99-100 degrees and 35-45 humidity

I have a still air incubator, so I know 99 degrees is a little low for a still air. I also read online that lower temperatures cause small delays in hatching. . . I checked on my eggs just now and I think I saw an egg moving. I'm, right now at least, a little more calm
Yup, it may just be a slight delay from the lower temp.
smile.png
fl.gif

Hell yeah I'm waiting right now for 6 eggs to hatch today is day 22 ....I do staggered hatching and move them to a Hatcher on day18 Monday I had two that were supposed to hatch but only one did...the other one was a egg that had got a small crack in it so I tried to seal it with wax but it never started to develop..but so far one male black sex link has hatched out...I'm happy he was a male..( probably a first haha) I'm going to use him in my new pen to protect the flock from predators

Hell yeah I'm waiting right now for 6 eggs to hatch today is day 22 ....I do staggered hatching and move them to a Hatcher on day18 Monday I had two that were supposed to hatch but only one did...the other one was a egg that had got a small crack in it so I tried to seal it with wax but it never started to develop..but so far one male black sex link has hatched out...I'm happy he was a male..( probably a first haha) I'm going to use him in my new pen to protect the flock from predators
I thought all hope was lost. Some may hatch tomorrow, screw the stupid hatch date...
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom