Help dealing with chicken that got fishing line tangled on it's feet

Anime2lover

Keeper of tiny dinos
Apr 17, 2019
A few days ago, some idiot left fishing line in our yard. It got tangled around both feet of one of our momma hens. We removed it and supervised her after that. She seemed to be using it just fine yesterday so she was allwed back with them now today I found her with her most swollen foot (the day it happened) again swelled up with no fishing line (that we can see). She has a severe limp on that foot and doesn't use it to stand. What should be done for her??

20200605_134531.jpg
20200605_134458.jpg
20200605_134448.jpg

She might have suffered a strain trauma trying to free her legs. If the fishing line cut into her skin there might as well be an infection.

Could it be the reason she's not walking on it is because it's sore?
you should wash her foot real good to make sure that there isn't any fishing line down there

I'm worried that the swelling could cut the circulation just like the fishing line. Is that possible?

It might put pressure on nerves an tissue.

So better inspect every part of her very carefully to see whether there is any other fishing line left on her body.

Alright. I'll get her washed up. There is a spot where theyou line cut into her skin under her scales.
It might put pressure on nerves an tissue.

So better inspect every part of her very carefully to see whether there is any other fishing line left on her body.

Back
Top Bottom