Help dealing with chicken that got fishing line tangled on it's feet

I would just disinfect the lesions, apply some antibiotic spray and separate her with clean bedding in a cage or dog kennel big enough to stand up comfortably. Feed her scrambled eggs with some oatmeal and add some vitamins or Poultry Nutri Drench to the water.

We cleaned her up and found the injury that caused the initial swelling. Cleaned that up and gave her an oraal antbiotic that we used on chickens last year. Hopefully that'll help with the infection, wich we now believe it is. We'll see in the next few days.

We cleaned her up and found the injury that caused the initial swelling. Cleaned that up and gave her an oraal antbiotic that we used on chickens last year. Hopefully that'll help with the infection, wich we now believe it is. We'll see in the next few days.
Hope she does ok!🤞🏻

That sounds like a good plan.

Where exactly did you find the infected injury?
Between two of her toes on the webbing. There was a cut we didn't see when we originally removed the fishing line. Still ticked off at the careless person that brought it in the yard.

For your own safety, please keep in mind the possible withdrawal period regarding the previously administered medication.
I'm not sure what you mean about the withdrawal period. Never had to worry about that with what we're giving her. Her leg seems to be a little less swollen today though.

I'm not sure what you mean about the withdrawal period. Never had to worry about that with what we're giving her. Her leg seems to be a little less swollen today though.

The withdrawel period refers to the safety of meat or eggs for human consumption after having administered medication to the animal providing said eggs or meat.

Depending on the administered medication (i.e. antibiotics, de-wormer, disinfectants or else) there might be several days or even weeks before eggs or meat of the medicated animal is safe to eat.

But hopefully this is no longer of interest, given that she seems to be better already.

Back
Top Bottom