HELP! Detached air cell egg turning

Pippin27

Chirping
Apr 2, 2020
Guys-
I don’t know what I’m doing 🤷‍♂️ With manually rotating these shipped eggs. All had saddle air cells or detached air cells. I’ve been tilting them in their egg carton 90 degrees in AM side to side and 90 degrees in PM bank to front...6 times. I count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 so each side is tilted 3 times.
Then I twist each egg within the egg carton after tilting.
Is twisting necessary or even bad for development?
Last week all were developing when candled.
9941C48B-EE37-42C5-9A28-37AD7FC212A5.jpeg

For the first few days they were just being turned by the incubator automatically it was after I let them sit for three days in an egg carton After I receive them in the mail. After reading feedback that I should put them in the egg carton in the incubator I’ve done that and they’ve been like this ever since and some of them are due to hatch on May 12

For the first few days they were just being turned by the incubator automatically it was after I let them sit for three days in an egg carton After I receive them in the mail. After reading feedback that I should put them in the egg carton in the incubator I’ve done that and they’ve been like this ever since and some of them are due to hatch on May 12
How is your hatch going?im in a similar possision. I have 13 more days for 3 goose eggs to hatch. I ordered 6 and 3 never developed but the other three I have propped up in an egg carton and turn them gently 1x a day. They had very loose extremely detached air cells going more than halfway down the egg all the way around. Now the 3 that are developing have very saddled air cells but they don’t move all over any more. I hope they hatch but we will see. Would love an update on yours.

Hi! Well tomorrow is the big day for 6 of them...i decided to remove from egg carton and place on paper towell w lower dip in air cell facing up...crossing my fingers....keep me in your chicken prayers...haha

Hi! Well tomorrow is the big day for 6 of them...i decided to remove from egg carton and place on paper towell w lower dip in air cell facing up...crossing my fingers....keep me in your chicken prayers...haha
I will. Can’t wait to see what you get 🤙🏼

5/6 hatched and appear healthy!!!! 6th one I assisted and am unsure if it’s alive and yolk not fully sucked in or dead. I just posted a separate thread on that situation asking for guidance.

There was a 7th egg in there that I had “?” Mark on before lockdown so I’m not including that. It is a sign i should trust my gut when candling and discard if I think not viable.

There are four more due to hatch in 2 days so cross your fingers. Part of same Batch.

The chicks are not all walking upright yet but kinda skirting along on their butt so hopefully tomorrow they are stronger and fully walking. That’s my only concern now.

The are all different colors and are just precious-“breed” is true blue Whiting (cross bt leghorn and Americana)
Avery

5/6 hatched and appear healthy!!!! 6th one I assisted and am unsure if it’s alive and yolk not fully sucked in or dead. I just posted a separate thread on that situation asking for guidance.

There was a 7th egg in there that I had “?” Mark on before lockdown so I’m not including that. It is a sign i should trust my gut when candling and discard if I think not viable.

There are four more due to hatch in 2 days so cross your fingers. Part of same Batch.

The chicks are not all walking upright yet but kinda skirting along on their butt so hopefully tomorrow they are stronger and fully walking. That’s my only concern now.

The are all different colors and are just precious-“breed” is true blue Whiting (cross bt leghorn and Americana)
Avery

Attachments

• 18BF2511-004E-4260-A1CA-5E7FF23FC7FC.jpeg
    18BF2511-004E-4260-A1CA-5E7FF23FC7FC.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2D330AE7-1A81-4B52-B92E-BB293B15EFEB.jpeg
    2D330AE7-1A81-4B52-B92E-BB293B15EFEB.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 5

Avery

Back
Top Bottom