Help diagnose my neighbor's chicken

Quote:

So you could just sit back and let them KILL helpless animals and STILL be friends with their son and be around the murderers ?

FRIENDS OR NOT , THIS IS UNREAL .

WHY don't you go do the right thing kid and show them KIDS have more sense and feelings then they do .

cajunlizz, I absolutely understand what you are saying, but me standing up to adults doesn't happen much. I'm one of those rarely seen "good" children
tongue.png
But I will do my best and hopefully I will get up the courage to do this.

One more thing I just remembered. This chicken has always been walking funny ever since the day after they got it. It walked fine when we put it in the coop(I was the on who had to carry them from the farm). Yesterday I tried to scrape some of the poop out on the bottom floor since its open ground and boy did it STINK!!. I could say that there was about 3/4 of an inch of poo in some spots. So I just put fresh dirt/sand down to absorb it after I scraped out what I could.

I'll be going to check on it this afternoon so I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: I checked on the sick chicken and she had eaten all the food I gave her along with some echinacea leaves that I put in there so hopefully that will help her. She had A LOT of poo in her cage and it all looked normal. Yesterday her crop felt kind of big but today I hardly felt a lump. When she seems a little freaked out she makes a sound like a combination between a cluck and a cackle, like a cacacacacacaca. She's not very reluctant to sit down either. She is the only one who acts like this. No mucus right now.

You are doing a good job. I hope someone experienced will read this post and help you. I'm sorry I don't know what to do.

My hen laid her first egg today! Do I need to leave it in the nest to encourage her to lay more? Should I get a wooden egg to go in the nest. Thanks for any help.

If your relationship with their son is a good one then maybe you can help him take care of the birds. You are doing a super thing by simply caring enough to find out what you can do to help.
Maybe some scrambled egg for protein. Also you can add liquid baby vitamins (no iron) to the water.
If there son cares and I know you do then it can work. Maybe he (with a little help from big bro) can do yard work for a neighbor or something to pay for meds from a feed store. If you talk to the feed store yourself maybe they will cut a deal.
Most people like animals and even if they don't have the time for them, they respect those that do try and help.
You will be suprised with the response you will get.

Now, like I said try scrambled egg. Mine love it. Then do a little research, then maybe call a feed store and see if they can help or maybe know a fellow chicken friend that can offer advice.. I think your a great kid and if more cared as deeply as you then the world would be a better place......HUGSSSSSSSSS

Back
Top Bottom