HELP!!!!DOG ATTACK TO GEESE AND TURKEY

Is her neck tore open? Does she have the ability to lift it at all? Rinse her open wounds with purifide water and tap it dry from the inside out. (speak to her calmly, she trusts you.) Look to see if there has been any enternal damage.... (Torn muscles can heal) Do you have super glue? Take the dried pieces of skin and super glue the edges together (leave a small opening at the bottom, lowest part, for drainage) She may just be in shock keep the boy with her, put her back on her eggs. (that's what they were fighting for after all...)KEEP PLENTY OF WATER AND FEED CLOSE TO HER. The bad news is, these dogs won't forget were your babies are ...that's why he's not eating. Put them in a safe place and figure out how the dogs got in in the first place... I am not a vet, but I have done these things and they have worked for me. Good luck. Prayers and hugs to you and them.

Thanks. I will find out the number for wildlife rescue and will follow mamachick suggestions. What kind of super glue. Any brand in specific? I am rushing now to the pharmacy, pls tell me more. I am trying to find what to glue together but there is so few or none skin. Please keep posting. I'll keep informed. Goosi, the boy is laying his neck down to the floor. He has never done that before. He still doesn't want to eat or drink. They are right now in my kitchen. Thanks all. Please pray for them.

Those wounds look really bad If you cant find a vet I would probably cull. The geese look the worst off. So sorry.

Thanks. I will find out the number for wildlife rescue and will follow mamachick suggestions. What kind of super glue. Any brand in specific? I am rushing now to the pharmacy, pls tell me more. I am trying to find what to glue together but there is so few or none skin. Please keep posting. I'll keep informed. Goosi, the boy is laying his neck down to the floor. He has never done that before. He still doesn't want to eat or drink. They are right now in my kitchen. Thanks all. Please pray for them.
While at the pharmacy, get some betadine, it's what you should use to clean the wounds. If you don't, the wounds will probably get infected!

Oh my goodness! I'll agree with the wildlife personnel advice if you don't have a vet that can treat poultry anywhere close to you. And I would DEFINITELY send any bill for medicine you've bought from the store or any help you've had to hire to get this situation taken care of, to the owner of that dog. If God-forbid you end up loosing your birds, I'd ask them to pay for the birds, too. This is awful.

I cured one of my parents' dogs from ever attacking birds again (they raised a few geese) by taking the one he killed and tying it up in the electric fence and turning the conduction strength up. He went after it and got a nasty shock and never went near their birds again. It might sound cruel, but dogs and birds generally aren't good friends and when you get a dog that gets a taste for birds, you have to nip it in the bud VERY quickly, or they'll decimate your entire flock faster than you can blink.

Oh my goodness! I'll agree with the wildlife personnel advice if you don't have a vet that can treat poultry anywhere close to you. And I would DEFINITELY send any bill for medicine you've bought from the store or any help you've had to hire to get this situation taken care of, to the owner of that dog. If God-forbid you end up loosing your birds, I'd ask them to pay for the birds, too. This is awful.

I cured one of my parents' dogs from ever attacking birds again (they raised a few geese) by taking the one he killed and tying it up in the electric fence and turning the conduction strength up. He went after it and got a nasty shock and never went near their birds again. It might sound cruel, but dogs and birds generally aren't good friends and when you get a dog that gets a taste for birds, you have to nip it in the bud VERY quickly, or they'll decimate your entire flock faster than you can blink.
As rough as it sounds, it is true. Once the dogs get something out of the chase, its game on. Since it is not your dog, hopefully it will not be around again. If I were you, I would talk to your neighbor about keeping it kenneled, and if that isn't possible then a call to the dog officer is in order.

I found an exotic vet that will see them tomorrow afternoon. Even though the geese wounds look much worst, she is able to stand and the goose doesn't. She makes a sound like of pain. I tried to put her eggs underneath but she is so much in pain, she complains and I'm so afraid to hurt her more. I placed the eggs in the incubator. Both of them I brought them next to each other in different enclosures inside the kitchen. My kitchen looks like a hospital recovery room. There I have Goosi and Geesee, Pavita the turkey and a gecko who is visiting tomorrow the vet as well as he looks as he has something stuck in his anus and is not eating well. I don't care about my kitchen now, I just care about my babies that need the warmth of the kitchen and my care. I'll keep you informed.

I found an exotic vet that will see them tomorrow afternoon. Even though the geese wounds look much worst, she is able to stand and the goose doesn't. She makes a sound like of pain. I tried to put her eggs underneath but she is so much in pain, she complains and I'm so afraid to hurt her more. I placed the eggs in the incubator. Both of them I brought them next to each other in different enclosures inside the kitchen. My kitchen looks like a hospital recovery room. There I have Goosi and Geesee, Pavita the turkey and a gecko who is visiting tomorrow the vet as well as he looks as he has something stuck in his anus and is not eating well. I don't care about my kitchen now, I just care about my babies that need the warmth of the kitchen and my care. I'll keep you informed.
You're doing the right thing! Good luck, fingers crossed for you and yours.

I wish you all the best. Health problems are horrible to deal with in any species. Please let us know how things progress.

These are recent pictures of my situation. The girl as I said is standing, but the boy has adopted that poposition which I don't like. I'm so worry about her beak. Any opinions about that beak? The turkey is the only one who is eating a little bit. The vet told me on the phone that because of their deepo pain is normal for them to not eat. The pharmaceutic recommended that spray pin the picture and hydrogen peroxide for clean in the wounds until tomorrow. Their appointment is late afternoon, so I'll inject antibiotic in the morning again. Do you think 2cc is enough? Any opinions on that spray? Any suggestions about her beak?

Back
Top Bottom