HELP!! D'uccle has Feather/Foot Issues!!!!

CascadiaRiver

Songster
9 Years
Dec 12, 2014
Pacific Northwest

The feather shafts are growing in really thick and it looks very painful, he lifts his leg up tight to his body when he isn't walking and they've even bled before. Is it going to stop on its own? Should we do something to help him? Its been going on for a few weeks or so? He is a about 8 months old at this point and I am unsure if he's molting fullbody but he also has some broken feathers as if he's been tripping and that plus these red irritated spots cannot be fun to walk with. Its mainly on one foot.

That doesn't look pleasant, I have feather footed chickens and I haven't seen anything like that. It does look like he's regrowing feather, I would wait and see how they look in a week or two, though I'm not sure if you can do anything about it, he wouldn't be doing an adult molt but he might be finishing up on his baby molts.

The feather shafts are growing in really thick and it looks very painful, he lifts his leg up tight to his body when he isn't walking and they've even bled before. Is it going to stop on its own? Should we do something to help him? Its been going on for a few weeks or so? He is a about 8 months old at this point and I am unsure if he's molting fullbody but he also has some broken feathers as if he's been tripping and that plus these red irritated spots cannot be fun to walk with. Its mainly on one foot.
I know this was old but what ever happened to this one? My Cochin is having the same issue and I can't find anything about it anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom