Help! Duck egg has hairline cracks in it & still have almost a week to go

Lokale90

Chirping
Apr 18, 2020
We lost power last night, took 4 hrs to get it back on. I have 2 eggs that are much further along than the other eggs (23 & 24 days). Eggs were fine before the power went out & I just checked to see if they all made it through & discovered one has hairline cracks all around the egg & a perfect circle around the pointy end. When I picked it up the egg felt lighter. Duckling is barely moving in there it seems. I’m not sure what could have cracked it. I imagine it wasn’t the duckling?.. if it’s light does that mean the cracks caused it to dry out inside? Does it have any chance of surviving?

We lost power last night, took 4 hrs to get it back on. I have 2 eggs that are much further along than the other eggs (23 & 24 days). Eggs were fine before the power went out & I just checked to see if they all made it through & discovered one has hairline cracks all around the egg & a perfect circle around the pointy end. When I picked it up the egg felt lighter. Duckling is barely moving in there it seems. I’m not sure what could have cracked it. I imagine it wasn’t the duckling?.. if it’s light does that mean the cracks caused it to dry out inside? Does it have any chance of surviving?
Can you take pics ?
What humidity have you been running ? Temp ?
Do you see any shadowing along the air cell ?
Just wondering if baby is starting it’s hatch early
I myself had one start day 23 and was born day 25
It happens sometimes
If you feel comfortable taking a video to upload of movement in the air cell end that would help
You don’t have to lift the egg. You can take video while it lays down in place as well

Can you take pics ?
What humidity have you been running ? Temp ?
Do you see any shadowing along the air cell ?
Just wondering if baby is starting it’s hatch early
I myself had one start day 23 and was born day 25
It happens sometimes
If you feel comfortable taking a video to upload of movement in the air cell end that would help
You don’t have to lift the egg. You can take video while it lays down in place as well
Sorry, I never got any notifications like I usually do! They’re supposed to be hatching tomorrow & Saturday. I can take pics or a video when I get home tomorrow or is it not a good idea to do it so close to hatch day? Right now humidity is at 65% with 99 temp.. is that correct? I’ve read so many different answers so I don’t know what exactly the correct one is. I candled them both yesterday & the one with the cracks does still have movement in there but where one of the cracks was, there was a yellow glow along it that I’ve never seen before like the color of the yolk maybe?

Sorry, I never got any notifications like I usually do! They’re supposed to be hatching tomorrow & Saturday. I can take pics or a video when I get home tomorrow or is it not a good idea to do it so close to hatch day? Right now humidity is at 65% with 99 temp.. is that correct? I’ve read so many different answers so I don’t know what exactly the correct one is. I candled them both yesterday & the one with the cracks does still have movement in there but where one of the cracks was, there was a yellow glow along it that I’ve never seen before like the color of the yolk maybe?
Hi
Yellow around the air cell is usually a sign baby has internal pip
It’s when they hit the vein and membrane to get into the air cell
Leaves a little line of yellow colour
A picture would help but if you have internal pips I would just let them be

Back
Top Bottom