2876C5F4-6527-4934-9C3D-0DA03AA47A19.png
52AE30C8-0A0B-47C1-9A8A-AB4C86421F60.png

The membrane looks gummy. It's probably dried out a little. Coconut oil won't rehydrate it though.
If the chewing has stopped I'd say she's ready to hatch but stuck. Giving her room to get her head and leg repositioned may be enough. I'd probably peel off the exposed membrane too.

And then I'd probably help her finish hatching, just to make sure she was out before you went to bed.

The membrane looks gummy. It's probably dried out a little. Coconut oil won't rehydrate it though.
If the chewing has stopped I'd say she's ready to hatch but stuck. Giving her room to get her head and leg repositioned may be enough. I'd probably peel off the exposed membrane too.

And then I'd probably help her finish hatching, just to make sure she was out before you went to bed.
Got the membrane unstuck and she was ready to come out immediately! Peeping a lot now and in the incubator to dry. What temperature and humidity should it be now?
Meet Peggy!
2133128D-C40F-412B-BBC5-74CA95276128.jpeg

Got the membrane unstuck and she was ready to come out immediately! Peeping a lot now and in the incubator to dry. What temperature and humidity should it be now?
Meet Peggy!
Yea! You can let the humidity drop to about 50, but it doesn't need to be exact. Probably just take a dry paper towel and wipe up the condensation on the inner surfaces. Put a dry hand towel or some rubberized shelf liner on the floor of the incubator so she has a nonslip surface if she wants to stand on it.you can move the temp down to 96 and drop it 2 degrees every morning until you're down to room temperature. Then she can be moved to a cardboard box or plastic storage container with nonslip bedding in the bottom.

Meet Peggy!
View attachment 2687270
Yea! You can let the humidity drop to about 50, but it doesn't need to be exact. Probably just take a dry paper towel and wipe up the condensation on the inner surfaces. Put a dry hand towel or some rubberized shelf liner on the floor of the incubator so she has a nonslip surface if she wants to stand on it.you can move the temp down to 96 and drop it 2 degrees every morning until you're down to room temperature. Then she can be moved to a cardboard box or plastic storage container with nonslip bedding in the bottom.
B0D363EA-612B-4051-8560-09DFBB29519C.jpeg
AE90F870-0873-4C94-AEAE-47BD68A56165.jpeg
591D47F6-0156-437E-88D2-B13CE9A7F58E.jpeg

All dried out and puffed up! Peg says thank you for all of your help!

Back
Top Bottom