HELP! DUCK LIMPING VERY BADLY!

Ducklover7

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2017
Hi, so I am a very worrisome pet owner(my duck is a pet) and I noticed my, a little over a year old Welsh Harlequin limping. I brought her in the house because she can barely walk. In the past she has had bumblefoot and my family believes that to be the cause of her limp, but I’m a afraid she broke something. I just got back today from a four day trip and noticed the limp! So far I have wrapped her foot with the bumble, in hopes of making the bumble go away. I don’t know what else to do. I also felt for breaks but I couldn’t feel any. Please help!

Last edited:
image.jpg
I live in California so frostbite isn’t really a worry and sorry for the photo, her feet are both wrapped. I might unwrap them tomorrow and if I do I’ll post better photos.

Last edited:
Yep, that's bumble foot. What your gonna need to do is get a bucket and fill it with warm water, about a gallon or two. Dissolve one cup of epsom salt in the water (don't let them drink the water, it's a laxative) Get a small tote, put the water/epsom mixture in it and place duck in tote And let her sit there for as long as possible. I soak mine for 10-20 minutes. I would get some clear iodine apply it nightly for a couple of days to dry it out. I have been using manuka honey on my ducks bumblefoot and it has done wonders for me. Honey has great healing properties. The honey is kinda of expensive but sure beats a vet appointment! When I apply the honey I wrap my ducks feet at bed time and take it off in the morning. I will have to get my phone to post pictures of my process.

Back
Top Bottom