Help! Duck with eye shut and funny breathing :(

I called a local vet hospital and Motley has an appointment at 3:40pm. Hopefully she can ride it out till then because I can't bring her in for an emergency trip...

I told them my situation about the finances, and they told me to apply for CareCredit, which I did. Hopefully I will get approved soon and I can get a loan out for her.....

Well after reading everything I could find so far, maybe you can try having her inhale some oxine, give her probiotics, and keep her eye clean? I'd like someone else to jump in here because I am extremely inexperienced. However, I do not believe those steps will hurt her at all.

Thanks for all your help rainplace.

Her eye is much better, just the breathing that I'm worried about. Told the receptionist everything. She wasn't too interested in feed earlier so I gave her some celery, which is her favorite, and she ate it
big_smile.png

Awww, Nurse Lardo. Be careful, he may demand extra cat kibble for her services.

Glad to hear about your duck. She's cute.

Last edited:
Awww, Nurse Lardo. Be careful, he may demand extra cat kibble for her services.

Glad to hear about your duck. She's cute.

LOL thanks! Yeah, I think he will get some treats later when I get back from the vet's.

Could be a mating injury. Grabbing the eye is classic.

I also read that online- but what about her breathing?

Her breathing has been the same since I've gotten home- she goes into periods of rest, breathing hard, drinking loads of water.....

The labored breathing hasn't been consistent, as it comes in goes in batches....​

Well, we tried to see the vet today. The CareCredit application was denied, so we had to leave the vet's office.... I cried all the way home apologizing to her.

She is being very quiet. I just tried to give her some celery, and she didn't want it.

Back
Top Bottom