HELP duckling pecking weaker duckling

scramble15

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 30, 2014
Norfolk uk
Hi, I've had to help my first ever ducklings to hatch as the humidity was too low and the shells, membranes so rock hard they couldnt get out.

One is very lively but one is really weak and hasn't ot up yet...over ten ours old o I don't think it will make it which is so sad:( also the healthy duckling was pecking at the weak one when I went in now to check on them. It's about half three am but am worried about them as it looked aggressive

Not sure what to do ? Should I remove the strong one although not hatched more than about ten hours yet?

Thank you :)

I would remove the stronger one and put it in the brooder and give the weaker one a bit more time by itself. Fingers crossed it will recover and get stronger
fl.gif

Thank you so much for your reply :) the noisy one is busy cheeping away in the brooder much to the confusion of my dogs.

The weaker one is still alive and crawling round the incubator which is amazing, I'm so relieved, so far so good.
One egg still to hatch nothing further happened overnight but will give it to after work which will be over 24 hours then see.

Thanks again :D

Back
Top Bottom