Help ducks going bald on bellies

Alot of folks use a dog run just keep in mind our birds are on the top of the menu for preds so it's very important we do all we can to keep them safe. Many a member has posted on here about their ducks sleeping next to the fencing and a pred[raccoons]  reaching in and grabbing one or 2 and trying to pull them out through the fencing pulling off heads etc. Just trying to help you not to wake up to a heart breaking night mare like some have gone through.  So saying all of that dog run fencing will need to be supported with another type of fencing most use Hardware wire and come up from the ground at least 2-3' and then to keep diggers out you'll need to some how do the outside of the run with either some type of skirting or heavy rock all around the outside.  We have used raw wood from lumber yard to do many types of building here just keep it painted and it will last a long time. 

You ducklings are adorable. 
Thank you... Can i use screen wire

My Ducks enclosure

Unfortunatly no i took it apart once i moved them to the out door brooder/coop.....
basically two containers the same size i bought i think 45 -50 gallon? I can check that. The biggest home depot sells. And cut out a large section on each one and put them together. Left the top edges intact.
And drilled holes along the edges where they met and used zipties to keep the containers connected. The had a little step between the two .. so i filled deep enuf with pine shavinga to cover that.
Sorry dont know if that makes any sense..
Yes it does. Thanks and great idea.

Back
Top Bottom