Help ducks going bald on bellies

Ally2u4me

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2017
My ducklings are about a week are so old and there going bald on there bellies. I try to keep there brooder dry but its hard to do those... I'm a worried new mom sorry.... Will they be k?!?

Bald to skin? Or just looking like really short ?
Around 1 1/2- 2 weeks they start losing all that baby fuzz on their bellies and thick down is coming in.
Maybe thats whats going on. But if its bald to skin... thats something different.

1f44d.png
thanks for the update
1f60a.png

Sorry i fell asleep..... There not all the way bald just when wet look bald... They like to sleep near there water tray where stays wet and there bellies not getting dry enough... I'm having a hard time getting them to sleep in the dry area....

The dry area, is that where the heat lamp shines?....They are possibly too warm ...What are you using as a Brooder? I'm using a rubbermaid tub which i think im about to cut and add on too... Its just wet all over no matter how dry i dry and keep it...

Your right that they do need to get out of the wetness and need to dry off......:)

Cheers!

I keep in a rubbermaid tub... No matter how dry i keep it gets wet in no time... I think im about to cut it and add on too it...

Back
Top Bottom