Help! *Ducks won't go in pond with new aerator*

I think it was a group effort but I’m definitely going to set up trail cams to see for sure sure next time it happens

They aren’t stronger than me at all. And the four dead raccoons and possums beg to differ. Our DUCKS are the reason they are dead. Point blank, period, case closed.
I’m curious about the four dead raccoons and possums. Did you find them dead? Sounds more like they were poisoned.

As it is a duck cannot kill a possum let alone a raccoon. I’ve learned from sad experience that a raccoon can rip apart an average house cat and there’s little the cat can do about it. Nature designed the raccoon species to be adaptable, intelligent, ruthless, and an effective hunter in multiple environments. In the wild ducks and other birds survive raccoon attacks by flying away, not by engaging them. only large birds of prey go for raccoons.

If the raccoons in your area are ignoring your ducks it’s due to personality. Raccoons are amazingly individual and often times their changeful personalities and moods including unusual friendliness are mistaken for symptoms of rabies, though one should never lower their guard around them as they are a common carrier for rabies.

Make no mistake however that a raccoon today that has no interest in your birds won’t be a raccoon that decimates your flock tomorrow, and I’m not exaggerating, when a raccoon decides to show interest in your ducks it won’t just take one, it will kill them all and leave their body parts scattered around your yard like ornaments.

Opossums typically are nocturnal hunters with poor eyesight, they often prefer to scavenge or hunt for smaller prey like rodents, frogs, and lizards. Opossums are unusual in that they require more calcium in their diets than many other animals and so often they’ll loot eggs out of nests. They can kill a duck or chicken if they wanted too, but mostly opossums are non confrontational due to a poor ability to defend themselves or flee so mostly broody birds that are stationary or birds that are otherwise unable to flee are mostly at risk.

I’m curious about the four dead raccoons and possums. Did you find them dead? Sounds more like they were poisoned.

As it is a duck cannot kill a possum let alone a raccoon. I’ve learned from sad experience that a raccoon can rip apart an average house cat and there’s little the cat can do about it. Nature designed the raccoon species to be adaptable, intelligent, ruthless, and an effective hunter in multiple environments. In the wild ducks and other birds survive raccoon attacks by flying away, not by engaging them. only large birds of prey go for raccoons.

If the raccoons in your area are ignoring your ducks it’s due to personality. Raccoons are amazingly individual and often times their changeful personalities and moods including unusual friendliness are mistaken for symptoms of rabies, though one should never lower their guard around them as they are a common carrier for rabies.

Make no mistake however that a raccoon today that has no interest in your birds won’t be a raccoon that decimates your flock tomorrow, and I’m not exaggerating, when a raccoon decides to show interest in your ducks it won’t just take one, it will kill them all and leave their body parts scattered around your yard like ornaments.

Opossums typically are nocturnal hunters with poor eyesight, they often prefer to scavenge or hunt for smaller prey like rodents, frogs, and lizards. Opossums are unusual in that they require more calcium in their diets than many other animals and so often they’ll loot eggs out of nests. They can kill a duck or chicken if they wanted too, but mostly opossums are non confrontational due to a poor ability to defend themselves or flee so mostly broody birds that are stationary or birds that are otherwise unable to flee are mostly at risk.
I frankly don’t care what you think, and I won’t argue with someone confrontationAl. Good day. I doubt they were poisoned as my animals were not sick having ate them. Good day.

Did you try it yourself? It’s the only sure way to tell it’s non gmo.
Haha very funny

Back
Top Bottom